Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Oops, double post...
    Insert something clever here...

Scrap it and sell it 4 parts------start over----I long for the days up in the crows nest where a man could be a man and have a lil leg room------2 thingz I do like about new bsa 1. The noise (it gets pretty fn loud when we can manage to not go scoreless 4 ten minutes at a time )2. The lighting on the court is pretty cool-----but that's about it in my book-----talk about a bare bones operation that turned out to be

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Scrap it and sell it 4 parts------start over----I long for the days up in the crows nest where a man could be a man and have a lil leg room------2 thingz I do like about new bsa 1. The noise (it gets pretty fn loud when we can manage to not go scoreless 4 ten minutes at a time )2. The lighting on the court is pretty cool-----but that's about it in my book-----talk about a bare bones operation that turned out to be
    SlickVic is in the house - welcome back!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I don't think I have ever known an architect that LOVES to design useless shit. If anything, every architect that I know genuinely cares enough to get things done. If there is a problem, it is usually because the architect is trying to accomplish too much.

Regarding the seating, the design of fixed seat assembly spaces is very fussy stuff. The code requirements are often at odds with comfort and max capacity goals. Also, most commonly, the rows are designed for a specific seat dimension. If that changes to a bigger seat, the balance is out of whack. (Bigger seat require a bigger stadium to hold the same number. That added square footage is at a cost of about $200/SF or more.) Also, the seats are usually purchased through a separate vendor rather than through the construction contract so it is entirely possible for the owner to make what they think is a simple change that the architect was not able to fully vet.
    This is all fine and dandy if the configuration was tight as it should be but this is not the case, for example (warning: broken record for those that actually keep up with BV), the spacing between court and seats, the weird pullout seats with the jigsaw configuration, the 7 seats in each row between the steps on the one end, and the gigantic empty spaces where seats could easily be especially the lower bowl on the east side....sorry but space is not used efficiently. They even stressed how the limited space due to renovation was the reason for the low number of seats....which now is a bunch of bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    This is all fine and dandy if the configuration was tight as it should be but this is not the case, for example (warning: broken record for those that actually keep up with BV), the spacing between court and seats, the weird pullout seats with the jigsaw configuration, the 7 seats in each row between the steps on the one end, and the gigantic empty spaces where seats could easily be especially the lower bowl on the east side....sorry but space is not used efficiently. They even stressed how the limited space due to renovation was the reason for the low number of seats....which now is a bunch of bullshit!

I'm still thinking the space between the seats and the floor is almost all necessary in the case of a mass evacuation. People have mentioned well they could use the floor, but have to remember that the floor is partially lined with media table and scorers table and the team chairs which act as barriers. This is also probably the reason behind 7-8 chairs at some of the aisles locations. Not sure what large areas you're saying exist on the east side other than the corners where you can walk through to get to the lower concourse? Again need these for emergency exiting. I suppose if it wasn't collapsible bleachers that they could have put seats above it... But NDSU or someone involved wanted the practice courts that are under the bleachers. Think this is for the purpose of hosting tournaments (region 1 class b girls are there starting this week)?? To give teams ample practice areas.

But I do get where you're coming from. It is hard to make something work perfect when your space size is nearly predetermined before you start.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU emailed out a survey this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    NDSU emailed out a survey this morning.
    Thanks for the heads up, just completed the survey.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Survey done.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Went to an event at the SHAC last week & sat by my brother-in-law who is approx 6' tall. He mentioned that he understood why ppl were complaining about the seats. He was unable to sit with his knees directly in front of him. We were on the east sideline, about 6 rows up, near the center. Later, we moved about 4 seats to the north & suddenly he said,
    "Hey, I want these seats... I have legroom here!" Sure enough... he did.

Matt Larson did write an email back to me finally about a week ago thanking me for my input on the legroom issue. I put it as honest as I could. Currently it makes me just only comfortable "just enough" to sit for a couple hours so I wouldn't drop my tickets but stated it seemed a bit strange to spend $46 million and get seats that are "just enough" fully understanding that the seat type did switch midproject to what was perceived to be more comfortable seat and probably would be if they had adequate space.

That said I'd take fargodome blue seats over these every day of the week for comfort. People can actually squeeze by fairly easily if they have decent agility (while I'm sitting, I generally stand up though as there is no reason not to). But man sometimes I have trouble standing up from BSA even just to stand up if I don't put my legs/feet in the right spot, because generally most people slide their knees forward and feet back to get their feet under their body weight. And I probably barely make the bison bball team with my height of just under 6'4". Knowing that bball fans tend to be former players and such and generally have height... I would think it prudent to give more than "just enough" comfort other than a small minority of seats.