Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bohl News

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yes, where railings are directly in their line of sight.

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/lett...apped-friendly
    Any reason they can't go with Plexiglas in those areas? Lots of places do that now for front row seats in upper decks. It can't be that expensive.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Todd phelps didn't allow this lady a folding chair to sit .

Ineptitude!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Any reason they can't go with Plexiglas in those areas? Lots of places do that now for front row seats in upper decks. It can't be that expensive.
    Tempered glass, plexiglass can easily scratch scuff up and harder to clean so you rarely see that used in railings.

Steel railings are much cheaper though. So that is my guess as to why they weren't glass to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Tempered glass, plexiglass can easily scratch scuff up and harder to clean so you rarely see that used in railings.

Steel railings are much cheaper though. So that is my guess as to why they weren't glass to start with.
    Either way, has to be some sort of reasonably priced option they can go with. ADA non-compliance is a BIG no no in many ways.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Either way, has to be some sort of reasonably priced option they can go with. ADA non-compliance is a BIG no no in many ways.
    Being that they have to be engineered to support loads, steel and steel products is about your best option. The cheapest would be a 2 line steel guardrail you see in industrial applications, but that would make a few parents nervous, not even sure it would be allowed in an arena such as SHAC. So after that it is a picket rail that currently is in place. Mesh panel rails, then SS cable railing. Then glass rails are the Cadillac of railings.

Building codes require 42" guardrails so you can't lower it, and believe you can't really even raise it either, not sure on that though? If they'd been smart about it maybe ran glass at a few locations for the ADA compliance factor and steel pickets like they have for the rest. I'm not sure why that still cannot be a temporary solution. I find it hard to believe if it's been 2+ years now and ADA hasn't gotten involved in investigating it. They either make it by the skin of their teeth with the lower ones maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Being that they have to be engineered to support loads, steel and steel products is about your best option. The cheapest would be a 2 line steel guardrail you see in industrial applications, but that would make a few parents nervous, not even sure it would be allowed in an arena such as SHAC. So after that it is a picket rail that currently is in place. Mesh panel rails, then SS cable railing. Then glass rails are the Cadillac of railings.

Building codes require 42" guardrails so you can't lower it, and believe you can't really even raise it either, not sure on that though? If they'd been smart about it maybe ran glass at a few locations for the ADA compliance factor and steel pickets like they have for the rest. I'm not sure why that still cannot be a temporary solution. I find it hard to believe if it's been 2+ years now and ADA hasn't gotten involved in investigating it. They either make it by the skin of their teeth with the lower ones maybe?
    I'm sure there are, but does anyone have pics of this particular situation at the SHAC?

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Hockey Glass????
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Do you think the ADA requirements were not met and signed off by the people building it. It was not their first building. Yes this will cue up the lack of legroom complaints.
    PS my seats are just fine and I have plenty of legroom in Sect 111 for E.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Can the SHAC just duplicate whatever the FargoDome is doing for their ADA seating?

Here's a pic I posted on the FargoDome thread a few years back when they were upgrading their seating area:

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Can the SHAC just duplicate whatever the FargoDome is doing for their ADA seating?

Here's a pic I posted on the FargoDome thread a few years back when they were upgrading their seating area:

Yes by adding glass rail that I already posted about. Cost may be a factor...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.