Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    So where were the weight room and ad offices and training facilities etc supposed to go? Would need to add that to the cost. Not to mention complete demolition of the BSA?? Did those buildings have those costs in them?? USD has a bunch of that in theirs, yes so that is why it was $66 million (mostly state funded and $20 million donation from Sanford), but guess what they had to trim down what they really wanted too because of costs. It would have cost us in the same time frame that it happened easily $75-$80 million. Would take USD costs +$10 million to demo. Would we have broke ground yet with that price tag?? Probably not, orygun bison makes a good point though their promotion of it was a bit off. Have we technically even got the $46 million raised yet since the last few million were covered by NDSU foundation.

Now days with inflation and construction costs going up it will not be long before it is $100 million for a facility with all the amenities like the SHAC. Remember 10ish years ago they did the addition to the dome was north of $50 million and didn't have anything in it but an arena.
    Idaho is going to build a new 5000 seat arena with practice courts and offices for 30 million. I am sure it will be half assed for that price but it's another comparison.

http://www.scout.com/college/idaho/s...moving-forward

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So, is the Shac seating improved now? Anybody there last night? They were supposed to be implementing adjustments to the seats.
    It is a little better. My hopes there will be more adjustments in the future. I still want to know who signed off on this? Maybe if this is done in the future we hire someone with stadium experience??

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So, is the Shac seating improved now? Anybody there last night? They were supposed to be implementing adjustments to the seats.
    If my seats were adjusted, it was not enough to notice.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

I was able to get by people in the row with them standing there. Definitly a couple inches of improvement. Leg room is fine. Hope we can quit complaining now.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    If my seats were adjusted, it was not enough to notice.
    I agree with this. My seats were still very tight and the guy in front of had his head hit my inner leg a couple times. It's very awkward and poorly designed. I would say if it's improved, it is very slight. I was hoping they hadn't done my seats yet and know others who feel the same way.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was able to tour the whole facility last night. Locker rooms, weight rooms, practice courts, dining area for athletics.

WOW. There is a lot more then just the basketball arena redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I agree with this. My seats were still very tight and the guy in front of had his head hit my inner leg a couple times. It's very awkward and poorly designed. I would say if it's improved, it is very slight. I was hoping they hadn't done my seats yet and know others who feel the same way.
    Talked to Simmers about this and they want your input so they can get this fixed. They want an honest opinion. Not---oh we can live with it.
    Give him a call so they can get it fixed.

This goes for everyone!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I was able to get by people in the row with them standing there. Definitly a couple inches of improvement. Leg room is fine. Hope we can quit complaining now.
    So youre speaking for everyone????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Talked to Simmers about this and they want your input so they can get this fixed. They want an honest opinion. Not---oh we can live with it.

maybe they should send out a comment card to season ticket holders? most of the people will never know to contact Simmers as he doesnt interact with everyone. They have no problem asking for more money,why not ask our thoughts on the new arena if they obviously know there are seating issues?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

The seating is a problem...it is funny that a phone call would be needed. He knows it is a problem. He doesn't need a phone call to get it fixed. That is just silly. What he wants/needs to know is if that will keep people away. I went to for my eye apt and the optometrist asked me about the SHAC. He was interested in getting season tickets next year and after I told him about the seating he said that was it, not doing it (he is 6'5" or so). I mentioned he should go to a game first as some changes had been made. Maybe I should have told him to call Simmers first.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]