Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I don't buy the comment about couldn't find an usher. They are all over the place.
    And wearing those bright neon shirts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I don't buy the comment about couldn't find an usher. They are all over the place.
    Maybe she meant concierge. And where is the valet parking???
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Oddly enough, my father and I were standing up in the upper concourse waiting for game time to approach last Wednesday and I mentioned to him how they screwed up the handicap seating and how the rails should be made of glass so those in wheelchairs could see. I think they are a great perch up there with a tremendous, unobstructed view of the game, but the railings would really suck. Hope NDSU looks into fixing this problem. I also believe they should have implemented two elevators into the plans, but there's no way they can fix that now.

Plexiglass railings may suck worse. They cause distortion and reflections can be bad.

It just seems like the architects had zero experience with arenas. So frustrating, I can understand constraints due to the budget and the fact that it's a remodel but this is just more bad design that's inexcusable in a modern arena. The railing is way too high to be suitable for handicapped seating, you can clearly see that in this pic:

This is more what it should look like if that's what the area is going to be used for:

Yeah that lady maybe started looking for problems that may or may not exist, but I'd be pissed too if I paid for a ticket with that view.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Plexiglass railings may suck worse. They cause distortion and reflections can be bad.

It just seems like the architects had zero experience with arenas. So frustrating, I can understand constraints due to the budget and the fact that it's a remodel but this is just more bad design that's inexcusable in a modern arena. The railing is way too high to be suitable for handicapped seating, you can clearly see that in this pic:

This is more what it should look like if that's what the area is going to be used for:

I would agree with the picture that the railing is too high for the handicap seating. But was that space figured for handicap seating? IF so major fail. The railing would have to be so high to prevent a standing person from going over it and falling. The railing for the rest of the arena was to be higher and have barstool type chairs with counter height shelf in front of them, like Scheels Arena. So that was done wrong as well. This project could have been done better for sure and something can still be corrected, hopefully.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would agree with the picture that the railing is too high for the handicap seating. But was that space figured for handicap seating? IF so major fail. The railing would have to be so high to prevent a standing person from going over it and falling. The railing for the rest of the arena was to be higher and have barstool type chairs with counter height shelf in front of them, like Scheels Arena. So that was done wrong as well. This project could have been done better for sure and something can still be corrected, hopefully.
    I'm confident they'll take care of these situations. They normally do a pretty good job with the facilities.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

I really thought they had a few places that had lower counter and railing that actually had a handicap placard built into the counter to denote it for the handicapped. Maybe I am remembering it wrong I just thought I saw that during the open house for looking for tickets.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, they sold those tickets and seated them there so I would have to assume that was the plan all along. Though they could have been seated at the wrong spot or sold obstructed view tickets.

But yes, at least it should be relatively easy to correct. I would imagine they would have to put in a lower railing behind seats or cordon off that "perch" area from the general public because a low railing there wouldn't meet code for a standing area.

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    I'm confident they'll take care of these situations. They normally do a pretty good job with the facilities.
    Don't get me wrong, I really like the place and love my seats. This is a massive upgrade and glad I have season tickets again. Now improve the product on the court and we are home run.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't get me wrong, I really like the place and love my seats. This is a massive upgrade and glad I have season tickets again. Now improve the product on the court and we are home run.
    Much easier to fix the facility than it is the team unfortunately.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Much easier to fix the facility than it is the team unfortunately.
    After attending a game at the SHAC, I have the following questions.

Why not start from scratch? Seems like a lot of wasted space in the corners and concourses.

Also, all the stairs to get to the upper level concourse could have been elimimated with a new start. Old west sites seats don't flow with new design.

Why not have seats to the court on the west side. 10 to 12 feet back.

Lots of gray and space not used in general.

Good product maybe fixes many issues.