Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Your legs length don't change regardless of the length of the seat. Your butt goes in the same spot. I was confused by that sentence.
    But your butt doesn't go in the same spot. Think of it this way, you have two stadium style seats, one with no padding and one with back padding, your butt isn't placed in the same position in both. The bottom seat can be the same length, but because of backing you're body's placement is no the same. I mean, this is why they are fixing it in the first place. You can't honestly say that these seats feel the same as they do in the Fargodome in terms of legroom. Both at 33". (padded vs. non-padded)

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Its 33 inches. I measured it. I really don't get how the length of the seat bottom matters though.
    I took that to mean the backs were longer, or taller, though I'm not sure.

They also don't mention if the rise on the upper deck is different. Seems to be a combination of minimum depth, poor seat choice and a shallow rise that make it cramped.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I think what they are trying to say is that is may be 33", but when you're sitting in the seat, its not the full 33" as their is padding to account for on the back of the seat. The edge of the seat may be 33" away from the back of the seat in front of it, but once you're sitting in it, its less than 33".
    When I sit in my seat, I have 5.44" of room from the edge of my seat to the seat back in front of me.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    When I sit in my seat, I have 5.44" of room from the edge of my seat to the seat back in front of me.
    This, I have found, changes with different rows throughout the stadium. Apparently the angle of the seat backs is not the same on every row.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Seriously? That is not good at all.

On a lighter note 1: I have a mental picture of Bison basketball fans pulling out tape measures before games having heated discussions throughout the arena

On a lighter note 2: I have been told anything over 5 inches is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

On a lighter note 1: I have a mental picture of Bison basketball fans pulling out tape measures before games having heated discussions throughout the arena

On a lighter note 2: I have been told anything over 5 inches is plenty.
    The funny thing is we are all sitting there measuring between our legs

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

I have been told anything over 5 inches is plenty.
    Speak for yourself buddy.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So, is the Shac seating improved now? Anybody there last night? They were supposed to be implementing adjustments to the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So, is the Shac seating improved now? Anybody there last night? They were supposed to be implementing adjustments to the seats.
    It was improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Well I don't know if seating proved or not but I hope the broken seat issues was just a rare occurance, the guy sat down and said his seat was broke.
    Stood up and raised the cushion both bolts were broke from the frame. How does a seat break like that? To many people standing on the cushion stepping to the next row?? Guessing it was broke by a Jackrabbit fan as they had taken over that part of the NDSU section when NDSU fans did not show up.

Facilities was notified but no sign not to use the seat was put on it.