Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Combining thoughts from various threads, should football seating in the Dome be completely reset?
    Lots of season tickets were not renewed recently for various reasons.
    Single seats really aren’t that hard to come by, but groups are tougher. Consolidating those singles will help sell tickets and get new, younger families into long term attendees.
    Beer may actually be coming soon, and having wet and dry sections would make it a lot easier to get it approved for what’s generally a much more family friendly event than concerts. I know for sure my group would pick a dry section. Not because we’re prudes but because there’s young children that don’t need to be around that. Every group should be allowed to choose which they want, which can only be done with reseating.
    With ticket scanning at the gate NDSU should have a good idea which season tickets are actually being used. I think utilization rates should be a factor in sorting new request priority. This will probably hit corporate seats the hardest, which can’t be ignored though.
    Opportunity to update Teammakers dues by section.
    Some groups would take better seats if available, and gives others the option to reseat to cheaper seats instead of being priced out entirely.

Reseating is obviously a major event and it’s impossible to make everyone happy. Plenty of institutions have done it before so there’s a general guidebook to follow.

In my ideal world, we’d announce within the month that we’re going to reseat after the 2022 season, with recent attendance being a factor in priority. Should boost 2022 attendance. Publish new seating blocks with dues, with wet/dry sections being assigned based on demand. Let people put in their preference online and set the math nerds loose on the puzzle.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Well there are still people who are pissed from when we moved in to the dome. I think it would be great to reseat!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Would love to see it... many places reseat quite often (JMU does it every 4 years). But I get the feeling there would be too much opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Combining thoughts from various threads, should football seating in the Dome be completely reset?
    Lots of season tickets were not renewed recently for various reasons.
    Single seats really aren’t that hard to come by, but groups are tougher. Consolidating those singles will help sell tickets and get new, younger families into long term attendees.
    Beer may actually be coming soon, and having wet and dry sections would make it a lot easier to get it approved for what’s generally a much more family friendly event than concerts. I know for sure my group would pick a dry section. Not because we’re prudes but because there’s young children that don’t need to be around that. Every group should be allowed to choose which they want, which can only be done with reseating.
    With ticket scanning at the gate NDSU should have a good idea which season tickets are actually being used. I think utilization rates should be a factor in sorting new request priority. This will probably hit corporate seats the hardest, which can’t be ignored though.
    Opportunity to update Teammakers dues by section.
    Some groups would take better seats if available, and gives others the option to reseat to cheaper seats instead of being priced out entirely.

Reseating is obviously a major event and it’s impossible to make everyone happy. Plenty of institutions have done it before so there’s a general guidebook to follow.

In my ideal world, we’d announce within the month that we’re going to reseat after the 2022 season, with recent attendance being a factor in priority. Should boost 2022 attendance. Publish new seating blocks with dues, with wet/dry sections being assigned based on demand. Let people put in their preference online and set the math nerds loose on the puzzle.
    So why would you do this? Whats the upside?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So why would you do this? Whats the upside?
    You didn’t read or your being a contrarian
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Until the address the root cause... slow unnecessary metal detectors and the concourse/bathroom issue, it's not going to get better. Playing teams we won't be up 30-0 at half-time might help

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Until the address the root cause... slow unnecessary metal detectors and the concourse/bathroom issue, it's not going to get better. Playing teams we won't be up 30-0 at half-time might help
    The root cause of attendance being down is metal detectors? When I decided not to renew my season tickets this year metal detectors were not part of any of my decision.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

They reseat the dome and there is a good chance I give up my season tickets. I don't see a scenario where this increases teammakers members/loyalty.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    The root cause of attendance being down is metal detectors? When I decided not to renew my season tickets this year metal detectors were not part of any of my decision.
    I guess reseating the dome wasn't the reason I didn't renew either.

Lardsin must go!

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    No kidding. My family didn't renew ours either, and metal detectors were way down the list on why. It simply costs way too much to watch games that are over before halftime. We only went to SDSU home games and the Semifinal game most years, and sold our tickets to the other games. The problem is that it's now getting hard to resell the "other" games due to demand dropping significantly. It doesn't make financial sense to buy season tickets for one competitive game each season. NDSU is charging FBS prices, without any FBS level games.

Reseating the FargoDome may help fill in gaps in the seating, but it would just be a band aid covering the real issues that are happening with NDSU athletics.