Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: Bohl News

This is a bad look for everyone involved. How can a 2016 venue not meet those standards? Really bad.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Only way to fix the BSA was with a bulldoozer.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Only way to fix the BSA was with a bulldoozer.
    They probably couldn't find a bulldozer that was ADA compliant so had to go with the remodel option.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

if the usher just shuts up and gives her a chair to sit next to her daughter, this issue doesn't arise?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Looks like this is TL Stroh's only arena. No surprise there.

It's really frustrating that with all the people who must have been involved with this, that nobody evidently had a clue what makes for a good arena.

When we were in Tulsa at ORU, yeah the Mabee Center was old and had its issues, but it at least looked and felt like a proper basketball arena. Even my 12 year old son noticed the difference.
    He and firm didn't go at it alone... 360 was involved as a consultant and they're a well know arena designer. Think this profile is for Advent they must have been involved in the lobby/locker room/hall of fame design.

https://www.architectmagazine.com/pr...omplex-at-ndsu

The bad thing is some of this can be let thru the cracks due to interpretation of the architect, supplier/installer, and AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction meaning the building inspectors and plan reviewers this varies depending on jurisdiction probably the state in this case I think for ND regarding ADA). But the final say is the DOJ which is what happened here but they don't get brought in until a suit is brought against the owner and they super fine tooth comb it.

Usually in construction it is a collaboration of the three/four parties to try to meet ADA codes for their specific situations. Down side is NDSU probably had little input on stuff like this as I can't imagine they blatantly requested to make SHAC non compliant and were wanting to make it ADA compliant. They rely on architect (and engineers if structural elements need to be considered don't know that was the issue here being it was seating arrangements and sight lines) and suppliers/installers knowing what needs to be met. It seems like it should be simple but many times it isn't as simple as you'd think because at same time you're trying to abide by other building codes too as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if the usher just shuts up and gives her a chair to sit next to her daughter, this issue doesn't arise?
    This. Well kinda. The issue of the arena has arisen since day 1. But the ADA issue? Get the woman a chair FFS.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    He and firm didn't go at it alone... 360 was involved as a consultant and they're a well know arena designer. Think this profile is for Advent they must have been involved in the lobby/locker room/hall of fame design.

https://www.architectmagazine.com/pr...omplex-at-ndsu

The bad thing is some of this can be let thru the cracks due to interpretation of the architect, supplier/installer, and AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction meaning the building inspectors and plan reviewers this varies depending on jurisdiction probably the state in this case I think for ND regarding ADA). But the final say is the DOJ which is what happened here but they don't get brought in until a suit is brought against the owner and they super fine tooth comb it.

Usually in construction it is a collaboration of the three/four parties to try to meet ADA codes for their specific situations. Down side is NDSU probably had little input on stuff like this as I can't imagine they blatantly requested to make SHAC non compliant and were wanting to make it ADA compliant. They rely on architect (and engineers if structural elements need to be considered don't know that was the issue here being it was seating arrangements and sight lines) and suppliers/installers knowing what needs to be met. It seems like it should be simple but many times it isn't as simple as you'd think because at same time you're trying to abide by other building codes too as well.
    Right, which is why you pay an architectural firm big money to design the place. That way you don't end up with an arena that looks like temporary seating stuffed into a high school gym. I know the cost savings keeping the existing structure was a factor, but even given that, they did a really poor job.

Either the architect was incompetent, or NDSU insisted on things some committee came up with on a checklist instead of letting them design a proper arena. Perhaps both. In either case, NDSU signed off on the final design so they bear most of the responsibility.

The fact of the matter is NDSU should absolutely go after the designers. Architect and engineering companies write checks all the time to fix their code compliance booboos. No reason this should be any different.

Sometimes if the architect/engineer has done an otherwise great job and the client is otherwise happy, they’ll let it slide. Considering this is far from the only complaint against the job the architects did, I certainly don’t think that applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This. Well kinda. The issue of the arena has arisen since day 1. But the ADA issue? Get the woman a chair FFS.
    Sounds like someone seeing an opportunity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Sounds like someone seeing an opportunity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    The settlement was for NDSU to fix their shit. No payouts involved. Read the fucking story before making such accusations.