Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When they made the switch to the padded seats which were bigger the bleacher company failed to tell NDSU that in changing the seats the decking also need to be changed to the bigger deck. So the rub is who is responsible for the fix. Are people ok with it now or is it unacceptable. It will probably come down to both paying for it but whose going to pay what percentage? NDSU is just asking for some help.

What I find interesting is people will take time out to vote numerous times on multiple computers or figure out some code and get a ground swell started on BV to try and rig a poll so Thundar can win the mascot award or some player can win athlete of the year but wont send a simple email to help out TM. I just dont fucking get it.
    You keep talking about giving feedback to team makers but what do they really want to hear. I can't understand how they don't realize this is a problem. Do they not sit in these same seats ever? Or walk around at games and look at the discomfort of people trying to avoid the persons head in front of them from resting on their thigh. Again yesterday I just stood in the concourse. What's the point of tickets if I am just going to stand every game?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I thought the exact same thing when the food service staff were going upstream against the crowd and they essentially forced us into that obstructing table. That obstructing table sells 50/50 raffle tickets before the game and needs to disappear way before the crowd exits. Plus the 2 employees standing between the corner of the table and the outside wall further blocked the crowd exiting. But, every time I look at that garage door right there I am glad that I am not a UNI football fan.

Entry at that location could also be improved with some signage/directing fans so those that need to buy or pick up tickets know where to line up and those that have tickets know how to get in the ticket taker line instead of ending up in a ND nice mixing bowl where everyone is so polite that no one moves. Adjusting the location of the ticket takers and that 50/50 table backwards and into a more open area should be considered so there is less congestion. I avoid the 50/50 table to do my part to decrease the congestion behind me.
    The really odd thing is what were the concession stands doing cleaning up that late. Normally they are all closed and shut down by that time. Were they perhaps cleaning late to stop any chance of the fire alarm disrupting the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    You keep talking about giving feedback to team makers but what do they really want to hear. I can't understand how they don't realize this is a problem. Do they not sit in these same seats ever? Or walk around at games and look at the discomfort of people trying to avoid the persons head in front of them from resting on their thigh. Again yesterday I just stood in the concourse. What's the point of tickets if I am just going to stand every game?

It sounds like TeamMakers DOES realize there are problems and would like to know if some of these concerns are getting better when they make seat adjustments or other things.

Though everyone' body frame and height is difference, hubby and I noticed a marked difference in comfort at the South Dakota game to the point where it was not a problem at all. The people on both sides of us commented how good it was now and the people behind me. Yes, if someone wanted to get past us, we stood but that was just for a few seconds.

Sometimes it is easier to make assumptions that Teammakers does not or won't do anything but if they are asking, then the least we can do is give feedback or continue to give feedback. I was speaking to someone at the game and she thought there had been 2 seat adjustments. I am not sure about that but in any case, I am dashing off a letter to the appropriate people with some feedback and a few ideas to improve our experience. Being old school, I like to do snail mail. My experience is that people like the occasional letter and also my experience is people will respond to respectfully written complaints.

I am very grateful for the SHAC and the donors who helped make it happen. We are lucky to have such a beautiful facility. The Athletic Dept and Teammakers are under a lot of pressure to meet fan expectations who have some pretty high expectations it seems. No matter what Teammakers does, someone will be unhappy.

I look at the SHAC as not finished. They are working on fine-tuning it and it sounds like they would like continued feedback, it is easy, even the email of Pat Simmers has been posted here. As has been pointed out numerous times, it takes just a few seconds to do that.

Someone is is easier to complain than to give feedback.

I was at a basketball game recently at another college where we sat on bleachers and the facility was very dated. Very glad for the SHAC.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    It sounds like TeamMakers DOES realize there are problems and would like to know if some of these concerns are getting better when they make seat adjustments or other things.

Though everyone' body frame and height is difference, hubby and I noticed a marked difference in comfort at the South Dakota game to the point where it was not a problem at all. The people on both sides of us commented how good it was now and the people behind me. Yes, if someone wanted to get past us, we stood but that was just for a few seconds.

Sometimes it is easier to make assumptions that Teammakers does not or won't do anything but if they are asking, then the least we can do is give feedback or continue to give feedback. I was speaking to someone at the game and she thought there had been 2 seat adjustments. I am not sure about that but in any case, I am dashing off a letter to the appropriate people with some feedback and a few ideas to improve our experience. Being old school, I like to do snail mail. My experience is that people like the occasional letter and also my experience is people will respond to respectfully written complaints.

I am very grateful for the SHAC and the donors who helped make it happen. We are lucky to have such a beautiful facility. The Athletic Dept and Teammakers are under a lot of pressure to meet fan expectations who have some pretty high expectations it seems. No matter what Teammakers does, someone will be unhappy.

I look at the SHAC as not finished. They are working on fine-tuning it and it sounds like they would like continued feedback, it is easy, even the email of Pat Simmers has been posted here. As has been pointed out numerous times, it takes just a few seconds to do that.

Someone is is easier to complain than to give feedback.

I was at a basketball game recently at another college where we sat on bleachers and the facility was very dated. Very glad for the SHAC.
    Did the concourse at the arena you were at align with the isle ways of the bleachers or did they just try and hide it with yellow caution tape? Nothing says modern like that.

And yes, I have shared that with Teammakers and the athletic dept. and everyone was shocked that was a concern and had excuses of why it was like that and the cost to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Dude really. Have you not read one thing Ive posted? Did I not spell it out clearly?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was up in the nosebleeds on the west side. Half the scoreboard was obstructed by the roof, and getting anywhere from there was kind of a PITA.

What struck me was how empty the season ticket areas were. If they didn't show up for this game when will they show up? Is it because of the seats? I wonder if those people will renew. Hard to believe there were 5000 people there, they may be counting tickets sold rather than actual attendance.

Overall it is nice but it doesn't compare well to more modern arenas like Scheels Arena. Some of that is due to the limitations of a remodel, but a lot of it is just poor design. Hopefully they can make the seats better, they certainly have the space to bring them closer to the court if the risers are replaced. The terrible visibility in the handicapped areas were a ridiculously incompetent oversight but shouldn't cost too much to fix. A couple large TVs or small screens up in the rafters would be welcome for the top 4-5 rows of seats on the west side so replays can be seen, as well as increasing the volume of the PA which was difficult to hear. And they need better crowd flow on the north side.

All in all, it's adequate for where the program is at today.

With the current attendance figures where are the people that were adamant that 7500 - 8000 seat were needed.
    My complaint is at double headers, they need to have a section in the north and south concourse where the mens game ticket holders
    can wait rather than going through the entrance again.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    With the current attendance figures where are the people that were adamant that 7500 - 8000 seat were needed.
    My complaint is at double headers, they need to have a section in the north and south concourse where the mens game ticket holders
    can wait rather than going through the entrance again.
    Double headers won't be an issue. Lucky if one a year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Double headers won't be an issue. Lucky if one a year.
    2nd on of the year is this week, just think an area not going back thru the entry would be an easy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I was up in the nosebleeds on the west side. Half the scoreboard was obstructed by the roof, and getting anywhere from there was kind of a PITA.

What struck me was how empty the season ticket areas were. If they didn't show up for this game when will they show up? Is it because of the seats? I wonder if those people will renew. Hard to believe there were 5000 people there, they may be counting tickets sold rather than actual attendance.

Overall it is nice but it doesn't compare well to more modern arenas like Scheels Arena. Some of that is due to the limitations of a remodel, but a lot of it is just poor design. Hopefully they can make the seats better, they certainly have the space to bring them closer to the court if the risers are replaced. The terrible visibility in the handicapped areas were a ridiculously incompetent oversight but shouldn't cost too much to fix. A couple large TVs or small screens up in the rafters would be welcome for the top 4-5 rows of seats on the west side so replays can be seen, as well as increasing the volume of the PA which was difficult to hear. And they need better crowd flow on the north side.

All in all, it's adequate for where the program is at today.
    I would have to agree. All I want to know is there going to be major changes and whose pocket was the architect in. It is very apparent that they had no clue in renovating an arena and left NDSU with a mess in work and PR to clean up. Before I get bashed I want to say this is an upgrade to the BSA but as it sits not much.