Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Go to a game and make your own determination.
    They want input now that they have made adjustments. This info will help in dealing with the installing company. There is a lot of finger pointing right now between them so if people want the change they need to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I was able to tour the whole facility last night. Locker rooms, weight rooms, practice courts, dining area for athletics.

WOW. There is a lot more then just the basketball arena redesign.
    Talked to Simmers about this and they want your input so they can get this fixed. They want an honest opinion. Not---oh we can live with it.
    Give him a call so they can get it fixed.

This goes for everyone!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The seating is a problem...it is funny that a phone call would be needed. He knows it is a problem. He doesn't need a phone call to get it fixed. That is just silly. What he wants/needs to know is if that will keep people away. I went to for my eye apt and the optometrist asked me about the SHAC. He was interested in getting season tickets next year and after I told him about the seating he said that was it, not doing it (he is 6'5" or so). I mentioned he should go to a game first as some changes had been made. Maybe I should have told him to call Simmers first.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Maybe Matt Larsen or Todd Phelps could interact with the fans at the games and ask their opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    if they want input ASK US, i have more imortant shit to do than hunt down these guys to give an opinion as a season ticket holder and Donor when they have all my contact info to find out what exactly they want to know. Thats a terrible way to try and get the word out, tell 1 person and have him post it on a message board?? wtf, i went to 2 games and have not been to another because it was not comfortable and as of right now i will not renew my season tickets, because A) the OOC games are not good B) i only really have time to hit a few a year C) guessing there will be plenty of walk up for sale next year as Im not the only one not happy with the midget chairs

I love BBall but its hard to get to every game, i bought Season tickets to support the program but also thought the new arena would be worth it, frankly my particular seats are NOT worth it. Thats just me though and anyone can flame away, but its just piss poor for the admin and teamakers leaders to expect us to reach out to them with opinions when all they need to do is a damn free internet survey monkey or something. they have our contact info so no excuse
    Or people can send an email. Takes about as long as making a post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Tell Pat to read to get off his ass and read this thread. You could even send him a link, although I know for a fact there are many in the AD that read BVille right along with the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Wow, a lot of elitist thinking going on here. "I wrote a check to NDSU so they should consult me about every issue." How about if you have any constructive criticism, write an email. An athletic department is not a democracy. Be happy that NDSU athletics strives for great facilities as well as great coaches and student athletes.

Wow lots of bitching and bickering going on here!!

I would say this. The entire complex is first class. Everything from the ticket office to the locker rooms to the training room. I find it funny though.. USD boasts about having a "world class weight/training room that is 7,000 square feet." The SHAC has a 14,000 square foot training center and that doesn't even include the fueling station which kicks everyones ass.

Here's the rest of the building http://www.bisonillustrated.com/shac...-of-champions/

Yes... the seating situation suckED. They fixed it and it's better. Obviously fixing it isn't something that happens overnight but they did make the adjustments so calling up Simmers and Matt Larson is kind of counter productive. However, sending them an email is probably the best if your still not happy.

As far as not wanting or having the time to call and complain.. I get that. But believe me there are enough passionate people on Bisonville alone to take care of that!

i will say I wish they made it easier to communicate though. The average Joe doesn't even know who Pat Simmers or Matt Larson is.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Leg room was better in our seats then before. Still little tight but definitely an improvement.

on Upper East side, that big lounge/suite... should be converted to the LakesBison Lounge:

$500/year for membership
    Includes Free App's and Free Beer/Wine.

I guarantee I could sell 1000 memberships = $500K in NDSU pockets

Minnesota Gophers have the same thing at Mariucci & Hockey arena, so it can be done on campus!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Sounds like the decision to go with padded seats was a late stage decision. That probably contributed to the legroom issue and I'd be a little concerned how well they will stand up over time.

It was a very well intentioned decision, but I'm wondering if it would have been better to just use hard plastic seating.

But that's just me second guess things.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Our space has improved.
    One thing that would help is if they had a coat check. Maybe a service club project. I will call and suggest this.
    When i askd why they didnt have Bison Crunch ice cream they were stunned. A huge cup of ice cream for 3 bucks beats fargodome cardbd pretels!!
    Agreed with all of this. Had some Cookie Monster ice cream that left a lot to be desired compared to Bison Crunch. Also, the Cass-Clay stand please separate the ice cream and popcorn pay lines and maybe just have some cash and grab sellers.

Overall, seating much improved. And a coat check even if free will donation would go a long way as already stated to overall seat comfort.

Parking in the dome lot is kind of a derby like situation.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow, a lot of elitist thinking going on here. "I wrote a check to NDSU so they should consult me about every issue." How about if you have any constructive criticism, write an email. An athletic department is not a democracy. Be happy that NDSU athletics strives for great facilities as well as great coaches and student athletes.
    How is complaining about seats that I won't pay for next season an elitist attitude? They aren't noticeably better in my opinion. I have been to every game this season, been in my seats twice. Will continue to stand in the concourse.

Striving for a great facility and actually building one are two different things. I have never built an arena but I have no idea how seating can be so overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    How is complaining about seats that I won't pay for next season an elitist attitude? They aren't noticeably better in my opinion. I have been to every game this season, been in my seats twice. Will continue to stand in the concourse.

Striving for a great facility and actually building one are two different things. I have never built an arena but I have no idea how seating can be so overlooked.
    Because bitching about the seats makes no sense. I was a minor issue and the fixed it. I am 6'1 and there is plenty of room. If you are 6'4" or taller, the SHAC is not the only tight seats you have to fit in. Seriously, the complaining is getting annoying.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Because bitching about the seats makes no sense. I was a minor issue and the fixed it. I am 6'1 and there is plenty of room. If you are 6'4" or taller, the SHAC is not the only tight seats you have to fit in. Seriously, the complaining is getting annoying.

Agreed. I think it is fine now. If some fans still think it is a serious issue, it might be better to flag down ML or PS or some "official" of the NDSU Athletic Department while AT THE GAME, and have them see first-hand your seat issue. This is, what, a few hours each game through the season that we are in these chairs. We are not in our living rooms where we can stretch out. Ever been on an airplane?

I am very grateful for the SHAC and the donors who provided this much needed facility. Not saying that there still might need to be some tweaking on the seats. Maybe if some feel that the seats are not spacious enough, could it be that they company doing the adjusting hasn't gotten to that particular seat yet. Not sure if they did all 5000 seats in one fell swoop or doing it in stages?

The other thing is the person who complained about the handicap accessibility via a letter to the Forum. Now I know that is an "effective" spot to complain, probably gets results and I am SURE the Fargo Forum was thrilled to print a letter which bashed NDSU whether or not it is deserved, but my own style as a loyal alum is to talk directly to the NDSU people who can do something about it. I also take some issue about the letter writer not finding an usher immediately. and bitching about that. Sometimes you just have to wait a few minutes. We were also at the Arkansas State game (before the seats were adjusted) and did not find them bad, maybe a little tight but very, very cozy. My husband, who is not a Bison but may be a convert pretty soon, was very impressed with the facility. Felt I was on a huge metro campus and not at little old NDSU as we entered the facility.

Though we should speak up when appropriate and get these seat issues dealt with, sometimes it just seems to be whining when it goes on and on. I agree about someone being 6'5" tall. You probably are going to go through life ducking doorways, being cramped and having other difficulties that go with the height.

We plan to go to as many games as possible and hope to support the women BB more. Kind of feel sorry for the gals but things seem to be looking up hopefully. We need to support our BB programs!

Lol. I guess I figured a building built in 2016 would take into account comfort. Especially at the price tag it was. Lack of attention to detail. Would this have been accepted if it was football? And before you fire back, I'm an alum. Will they take shortcuts in the new football locker rooms? I can name 3 other places corners were cut in the SHAC.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1952 View Post
    Agreed. I think it is fine now. If some fans still think it is a serious issue, it might be better to flag down ML or PS or some "official" of the NDSU Athletic Department while AT THE GAME, and have them see first-hand your seat issue. This is, what, a few hours each game through the season that we are in these chairs. We are not in our living rooms where we can stretch out. Ever been on an airplane?

I am very grateful for the SHAC and the donors who provided this much needed facility. Not saying that there still might need to be some tweaking on the seats. Maybe if some feel that the seats are not spacious enough, could it be that they company doing the adjusting hasn't gotten to that particular seat yet. Not sure if they did all 5000 seats in one fell swoop or doing it in stages?

The other thing is the person who complained about the handicap accessibility via a letter to the Forum. Now I know that is an "effective" spot to complain, probably gets results and I am SURE the Fargo Forum was thrilled to print a letter which bashed NDSU whether or not it is deserved, but my own style as a loyal alum is to talk directly to the NDSU people who can do something about it. I also take some issue about the letter writer not finding an usher immediately. and bitching about that. Sometimes you just have to wait a few minutes. We were also at the Arkansas State game (before the seats were adjusted) and did not find them bad, maybe a little tight but very, very cozy. My husband, who is not a Bison but may be a convert pretty soon, was very impressed with the facility. Felt I was on a huge metro campus and not at little old NDSU as we entered the facility.

Though we should speak up when appropriate and get these seat issues dealt with, sometimes it just seems to be whining when it goes on and on. I agree about someone being 6'5" tall. You probably are going to go through life ducking doorways, being cramped and having other difficulties that go with the height.

We plan to go to as many games as possible and hope to support the women BB more. Kind of feel sorry for the gals but things seem to be looking up hopefully. We need to support our BB programs!
    So the benchmark for comfort of a 30 million dollar renovation is an airplane. Nice standard.