Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iowa State

Default Re: Iowa State

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    So I have been reading some of the threads for Cyclone Wrestling. A few things stick out to me when reading their post.
    1) They don't have much respect for NDSU or SDSU, calling them meaningless duals in a couple of post. It's too bad that they don't realize that both school's are working very hard to become top tier programs and they are not going to lay down to the original Big XII Teams. I guess outside of OSU the rest of the Big XII got put on notice this weekend that both schools are working hard to get better.
    2) They keep saying that they would've won if they had Hall and Mareno in their lineup. Given both are quality wrestlers but I don't see much of change in results where they would be expected to wrestle at. Maybe they pickup a bonus point at 141 but who knows, even if they did the outcome remains the same overall.
    3) Some have posted that their HWT hurt his knee at the SDSU Dual, I don't know that one way or the other but the kid looked like he was ready to go when KJ put in Colbray. If you where there you might have noticed the exchange between KJ & Nolting but that kid was ticked off that he didn't get to go out there against Ben. I spoke to Nolting on his way to the bus and he was still fired up about not wrestling and he didn't appear to have any issues with his knee but again I'm not a Dr or a trainer.
    4) This part is entertaining, they want to fire KJ for his "mismanagement of the team" they are all kinds of fired up about a variety of things but mainly pulling Colbray's redshirt this early in the season. This part is actually pretty entertaining.
    Glad Dad - what forum is this stuff posted on? Sounds like interesting reading...
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Glad Dad - what forum is this stuff posted on? Sounds like interesting reading...
    I think it's from the Cyclones message board, I read virtually the same stuff on there
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Great win for the Bison. Looks like they are picking up where they left off from during the 2014-2015 season (I'm still confused what happened last year, but it reminded me of our 1999 season).

Also, great video work on the highlight video:

The biggest surprise I got from the dual was KJ pulling Sam Shields-Colbray's redshirt for a heavyweight match. Extremely talented kid who has World-Class potential, but he's smaller than I was as a heavyweight.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    So I have been reading some of the threads for Cyclone Wrestling. A few things stick out to me when reading their post.
    1) They don't have much respect for NDSU or SDSU, calling them meaningless duals in a couple of post. It's too bad that they don't realize that both school's are working very hard to become top tier programs and they are not going to lay down to the original Big XII Teams. I guess outside of OSU the rest of the Big XII got put on notice this weekend that both schools are working hard to get better.
    2) They keep saying that they would've won if they had Hall and Mareno in their lineup. Given both are quality wrestlers but I don't see much of change in results where they would be expected to wrestle at. Maybe they pickup a bonus point at 141 but who knows, even if they did the outcome remains the same overall.
    3) Some have posted that their HWT hurt his knee at the SDSU Dual, I don't know that one way or the other but the kid looked like he was ready to go when KJ put in Colbray. If you where there you might have noticed the exchange between KJ & Nolting but that kid was ticked off that he didn't get to go out there against Ben. I spoke to Nolting on his way to the bus and he was still fired up about not wrestling and he didn't appear to have any issues with his knee but again I'm not a Dr or a trainer.
    4) This part is entertaining, they want to fire KJ for his "mismanagement of the team" they are all kinds of fired up about a variety of things but mainly pulling Colbray's redshirt this early in the season. This part is actually pretty entertaining.
    Considering Iowa State has possibly been the best at recruiting in the NCAA this past year, outside of Penn State, and KJ is an Olympic champ...this seems to be quite the overreaction to two "meaningless duals". The class Iowa State is bringing in next year is an absolute game changer and firing Jackson would tear it apart. Colbray is part of Flo's #7 ranked recruiting class this past year, and I think that ranking is low. Colbray can take the reins at 197 from here on out and have Iowa State in great shape for the rest of this season. If they want to redshirt him to get him more time with their incredible class coming in, Harrington can step in and be a top 20 197 next year...so I don't see the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TLLJr View Post
    1,371 According to InterMat: http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16983
    That a thousand more than last year. Would be nice to generate some revenue from a low revenue sport.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Here's some links to a few of them.

https://iowastate.forums.rivals.com/...tling-room.10/

https://iowastate.forums.rivals.com/...11-4-16.35102/

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/thre...thread.223214/

Enjoy