First dual vs Iowa State is less than a week away and I'm excited. SDSU will take on Iowa State on Friday, so we'll have a better idea for what lineup they'll have and how they look. Hopefully there is a very large crowd at the SHAC and we see a Bison win. My predictions:

125- Rodriguez maj Larson. Would be a great statement to start off his SR year with a dominating win vs a quality starter. 4-0
133- Hall tech Landeros. I'd like this to be closer, but Hall has tons of big point potential and Landeros is unproven. Landeros didn't wrestle much last year, but he did knock off Ben Gillette, who is no slouch. 4-5
141- Moreno maj Umlauf. Again, I'd like it closer, but Moreno is a more known high commodity. 4-9
149- Rodriguez dec Friedman. Idk who Iowa State will have in there, but I would guess Briceno or rodriguez. I think Gliva offers up the much better chance for a win here too. If Gliva is in, toss up 4-12
157- Ream dec Rodriguez. Could be more than a decision. 7-12
165- Fogarty dec Pestano. Toss up until I see how Pestano adjusted from wrestling 184. He was small, but competitive at 184, but I'll rarely pick against Fogarty. 10-12
174- Weatherspoon dec Nielson. I'm either not giving Weatherspoon enough credit or giving Nielson too much...but I see a decision. 10-15
184- Downey maj McNutt. I think Urbach is a better matchup vs Downey. A Downey fall should surprise no one. 10-19
197- Harringotn dec Eaton. Harrington is a very highly thought of youngster, so this will be a great test for Eaton. 10-22
HWT- Tynan dec Smith. Upset, but Tynan is capable. 13-22

The best path to victory likely goes with wins at 125, 149, 157, 165, 197, and HWT, and I see that as improbable. Either way, its great to have wrestling back and I'm super excited to see the SHAC and the youngsters get after it!