Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iowa State

Default Re: Iowa State

ISU looked like they need to work on some conditioning, i was sitting by the parent of the 184 ISU wrestler, and he about lost his mind. He got up threw somethig down and walked out after the match. Nice to see a good turnout.

Bison and the Bunnies take down Iowa State in wrestling. Never thought I would see that.

What was the attendance tonight?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I went to the match and had a lot of fun. ISU looked outmatched when it came to conditioning. They started a couple of matches looking really strong and Bison wrestlers just kept pressure on and won matches by gutting them out. Ream and Rodriguez look like they are in their own world. I really thought the first two ISU wrestlers were going to be setting the tone for the day with their exchanging 1s for 2s for 7 minutes. It was really fun and I am certainly going to go back to some more wrestling matches. It was also great to see Dean B. and Coach K. there to support the Bison wrestlers.

The team looked great. They certainly are a well conditioned team. I was very impressed with how many points the Bison put up in each match. What a wonderful way to start the season in their new home. Congrats NDSU wrestling. Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bison and the Bunnies take down Iowa State in wrestling. Never thought I would see that.

What was the attendance tonight?
    1,371 According to InterMat: http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16983

Congrats to the grappler's today!

It was a great dual and great atmosphere yesterday to open the new arena. I will start by saying overall i thought the Bison wrestlers were ready to wrestle. I truly thought after the loss to SDSU on Friday that IA State would come out firing which they did in the first two matches but then they sputtered out (especially late in matches). A couple of takeaways 1) Shot Defense - I think the Bison need to work on shot defense some more, overall not horrible but room to get better. Even Clay got out of position and gave up a takedown that he shouldn't have. 2) Offensive Shots - the other side of shot defense, become more aggressive on offense. It could've been nerves and being their first dual but some of the younger guys seemed a little hesitant to take a shot. I'm sure this will change as their comfort level increases. Those were maybe the negative things so on to the positive 1) I didn't see any NDSU wrestler stop wrestling or trying, I thought they all battled until the end of the match, regardless if they were winning or loosing, That was great to see 2) Conditioning - It was obvious that coaches have made this a focal point. Shout-out to Coach Nap for working these guys so hard because it was obvious they were in shape and ready to wrestle. 3) Game Plan - It was also obvious that the the coaching staff came in with an aggressive strategy for the Bison coming into this dual.

Lastly I Agree with Big Bird Coach Garnett, you were dressed well but Coach Nap's blue suit stole the show. LOL
    Last edited by Gladiator Dad; 11-07-2016 at 12:51 PM.

That's my first loss then. Ill have to go back to the drawing board (Halberstadts/Express) and see what I can do for the next dual. haha. But happy that everyone in attendance enjoyed the dual and the new atmosphere we tried to create. We are stressing a new style with our guys so it is a work in progress as we speak. Thanks for the input guys!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGarnett View Post
    That's my first loss then. Ill have to go back to the drawing board (Halberstadts/Express) and see what I can do for the next dual. haha. But happy that everyone in attendance enjoyed the dual and the new atmosphere we tried to create. We are stressing a new style with our guys so it is a work in progress as we speak. Thanks for the input guys!
    It's all good coach you were still looking good, just the Napsters Blue Suit won this week. LOL

So I have been reading some of the threads for Cyclone Wrestling. A few things stick out to me when reading their post.
    1) They don't have much respect for NDSU or SDSU, calling them meaningless duals in a couple of post. It's too bad that they don't realize that both school's are working very hard to become top tier programs and they are not going to lay down to the original Big XII Teams. I guess outside of OSU the rest of the Big XII got put on notice this weekend that both schools are working hard to get better.
    2) They keep saying that they would've won if they had Hall and Mareno in their lineup. Given both are quality wrestlers but I don't see much of change in results where they would be expected to wrestle at. Maybe they pickup a bonus point at 141 but who knows, even if they did the outcome remains the same overall.
    3) Some have posted that their HWT hurt his knee at the SDSU Dual, I don't know that one way or the other but the kid looked like he was ready to go when KJ put in Colbray. If you where there you might have noticed the exchange between KJ & Nolting but that kid was ticked off that he didn't get to go out there against Ben. I spoke to Nolting on his way to the bus and he was still fired up about not wrestling and he didn't appear to have any issues with his knee but again I'm not a Dr or a trainer.
    4) This part is entertaining, they want to fire KJ for his "mismanagement of the team" they are all kinds of fired up about a variety of things but mainly pulling Colbray's redshirt this early in the season. This part is actually pretty entertaining.