Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The glass half full thread

Default Re: The glass half full thread

This team is actually one of my favorites. None of the players were even here when the first championship was won, and they have a lot of pressure on their shoulders. They are finding their own identity and working very hard. I love how much heart and soul they put into every game. They are scrappy and find a way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post
    This team is actually one of my favorites. None of the players were even here when the first championship was won, and they have a lot of pressure on their shoulders. They are finding their own identity and working very hard. I love how much heart and soul they put into every game. They are scrappy and find a way to win.
    I agree. This has been a great team to watch this year. The drama has been great. Winning two big overtime games, beating Iowa and have been solid in conference play this year. You can tell this team is improving. The defense, while still having mistakes, is getting better. The offense has a lot of different weapons and just waiting to fire on all cylinders. Looking forward to a couple more tailgates and home games.

Starters : Punting -really weak at beginning of year /rock solid 90% of the time (10% not good) ~great young guy working hard; Dline- just rock solid, LB - at start of year PGT and Stump looked ok- nice they are killing it along w/Plank - getting job done; backend- pretty shakey and inexperienced - now coming on big time. Oline- pretty solid all year- need to gain some depth; Stick - great young man - growing with experience tends to start games slow - would like to see some more runs; backs are doing well , need to get Bruce back in fold; tight ends - would like to see more action- Jenson will be awesome in future; WR- seem to be a slump of late - no worries. Great guys on team / solid young men. Coaches know how to get it done - no worries

I think fans are expecting too much sometimes. Now, don't get me wrong, I am expecting us to win every game; as are the players. I just think that we have this mentality sometime that there are no other good teams in comparison and that we should be winning by 4 touchdowns every week. 2013 was that kind of year; but that was the greatest FCS team in history with multiple guys that are now playing on Sundays. I'm glad that fans and players have high expectations but we need to step back sometimes and appreciate what we have done and what we are doing. This is the 13th year of being a DI football team. If you would have told me in 2003 about all that NDSU would accomplish in a short amount of time, I wouldn't have believed it. Enjoy this time right now. It is, as always, a great day to be a Bison!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Thing that has kept me positive after some negative thoughts during the game is remember the 2011 team. This team feels very similar for some reason. That year turned out okay.
    I do think a switch will be "thrown" in the next couple weeks; they always do.

Another thing I have enjoyed this year is watching another North Dakota guy blossom in Stumpf. He's had some great tackles and really stepped it up since DeLuca went down.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I love enjoying the ride we are on Since the loss to EWU on that god awful red field 2152 days, or 51,648 hours or 3,098,880 minutes, or 185,932,800 seconds ago. This is the whole time my 5 year old has been alive and she knows nothing but NDSU Football wins the NCAA Championship. In that time we have lost 6 games, one game by 20 points, 4 games by 3 points, and 1 game by 2 points. We have won 65 times!!!!

This will all come to end someday, every year we have people saying oh we are not very good this year or it will end this year. Yep it may but it sure is fun enjoying the ride. The best thing for me about college football is it is a different team every year. Starters have to leave every year, young guys with different skill sets have to step up every year, It is the same name but a different team every year. That is why I love watching college football. Heck our glass isn't half full, it just overflowed all over my desk. Every team in the United states wants our glass, they want whatever is in the glass, heck they would even take that little bit of air in the space in that glass after we take a big old swig of the Green and Gold koolaid. They better do it quick though if they want that air because that glass gets filled back up very quickly.

Here's to keeping the glass full and enjoying the ride!!!!!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Whenever I need to read something to return my glass-half-full spirit, I read the GDT for 2010 Missouri State. That thread is so incredibly negative that it absolutely kicks my ass and reminds me of where we REALLY are right now.

Whenever my glass is too full, I should probably read some of the threads leading up to the 2015 College Kickoff against the Griz.

It is never as wonderful or awful as it may seem at any one time...
    Insert something clever here...

The pass defense, for as much flak as they've caught, is now up to 47th out of 122 FCS teams in pass efficiency defense. And next week they face a YSU passing attack that ranks 81st in passing efficiency so that ranking should go up again. The pass defense definitely isn't up to the standards of previous years yet but it's definitely heading in the right direction coming into playoff time.

Thank you from me also, for this thread. I dont consider myself a better "fan" than anyone else, just a Bison fan. Just the other day, I was going through some old video I had taken, finding a shot for bisonfanette of them in their endzone seats to post on facebook. I found video from the 2006 end-of-the-year game with SDSU. That year the Bison were 10-0 against FCS opponents, and 0-1 against Minnesota, but having had outplayed the Gophers on their home field(back then it was in the Metrodome), we all considered that game a victory also! That win over SDSU not only meant we had won the Marker Trophy, and had beaten our rivals, but it capped off a fantastic season, back when we werent playoff eligible. NDSU ended up #4 in the FCS polls(if I remember correct) yet only about one third of the students, and only about half the Dome stayed until the end of that game for the trophy presentation? Sometimes I still wonder if "those that stayed...." were the true fanbase of NDSU football? While the rest are just on the bandwagon? No matter what....the tradition of the Bison lives on..and to me thats awesome!