Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The glass half full thread

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default The glass half full thread

PL is right, my tune lately has been one of complaining about the absurdity I've been seeing on Bisonville, and that's not like me. I know others see it too, and they are probably equally as tired of it as I am. So I'm going to just quit posting in post game thoughts threads or GDT's and let everyone that enjoys constantly complaining to just go right ahead and do it, because I'm over it. I'm going to take my ball and go home and start my own thread about things that I'm thankful for within this program. Things that I see we're doing right. Stories of my road trips with my Dad, friends and other Bison fans. So if you're like me and are having a blast this season following this team then tell us about it. Share your favorite thing you experienced when you were in Macomb, Cedar Falls, Iowa City, Springfield, or even at home. Tell us if you got to give the guys a high five after the UNI or Iowa win. Tell us your favorite play, something you noticed about a player being selfless, or even give credit to an opposing player that excelled. I'm having fun, and I'm not going to let a bunch of negative nancies on a message board affect that. I'm not naming names, so don't come in here and start telling me how I'm wrong with my attitude, it's my thread. If you don't have something nice to say, then go away and don't say anything at all.

I'll start with this last weekend. Ended up with an extra pair of tickets for the game and was having a difficult time getting rid of them for some reason. On our way to the game, we stopped in Fredricksburg, IA and had lunch with my cousin and her family. Hadn't seen them for about 6 years so it was an awesome opportunity to get together and catch up. While we were there I received a PM from someone on this site and he said that he would take the tickets for a couple of his friends that were going to fly down last minute for the game. It just so happened to be a married couple and it was the wife's birthday, what a great present! I got a chance to meet Bison Pyro before the game and he gave me some amazing steak, thanks again for that! Got the tickets to the couple and they sat with us during the game. We had a really good time and look forward to running into them again in the future. Also out in the tailgate lot, got a chance to talk with BlueBisonRock for a while. What a nice man he is. Chatted with UTH, StL, and Tatanka as well. Really enjoy talking Bison football with these folks. Also had the chance to meet up with Jeff Illies family before the game, and Cole Davis dad and the Tuska brothers dad as well. To me, I love getting that opportunity to ask them about their son, nephew, etc and the experience they are having playing for the Bison. There's been plenty said already about the game, and it got to be a lot more stressful towards the end than it looked like it should be early. But we got out of there with a W, and that made the trip with my dad even more worth it.

Go Bison!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Default Re: The glass half full thread

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    PL is right, my tune lately has been one of complaining about the absurdity I've been seeing on Bisonville, and that's not like me. I know others see it too, and they are probably equally as tired of it as I am. So I'm going to just quit posting in post game thoughts threads or GDT's and let everyone that enjoys constantly complaining to just go right ahead and do it, because I'm over it. I'm going to take my ball and go home and start my own thread about things that I'm thankful for within this program. Things that I see we're doing right. Stories of my road trips with my Dad, friends and other Bison fans. So if you're like me and are having a blast this season following this team then tell us about it. Share your favorite thing you experienced when you were in Macomb, Cedar Falls, Iowa City, Springfield, or even at home. Tell us if you got to give the guys a high five after the UNI or Iowa win. Tell us your favorite play, something you noticed about a player being selfless, or even give credit to an opposing player that excelled. I'm having fun, and I'm not going to let a bunch of negative nancies on a message board affect that. I'm not naming names, so don't come in here and start telling me how I'm wrong with my attitude, it's my thread. If you don't have something nice to say, then go away and don't say anything at all.

I'll start with this last weekend. Ended up with an extra pair of tickets for the game and was having a difficult time getting rid of them for some reason. On our way to the game, we stopped in Fredricksburg, IA and had lunch with my cousin and her family. Hadn't seen them for about 6 years so it was an awesome opportunity to get together and catch up. While we were there I received a PM from someone on this site and he said that he would take the tickets for a couple of his friends that were going to fly down last minute for the game. It just so happened to be a married couple and it was the wife's birthday, what a great present! I got a chance to meet Bison Pyro before the game and he gave me some amazing steak, thanks again for that! Got the tickets to the couple and they sat with us during the game. We had a really good time and look forward to running into them again in the future. Also out in the tailgate lot, got a chance to talk with BlueBisonRock for a while. What a nice man he is. Chatted with UTH, StL, and Tatanka as well. Really enjoy talking Bison football with these folks. Also had the chance to meet up with Jeff Illies family before the game, and Cole Davis dad and the Tuska brothers dad as well. To me, I love getting that opportunity to ask them about their son, nephew, etc and the experience they are having playing for the Bison. There's been plenty said already about the game, and it got to be a lot more stressful towards the end than it looked like it should be early. But we got out of there with a W, and that made the trip with my dad even more worth it.

Go Bison!!
    THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!

So needed!!!

My glass is half full thought: The best of this years edition of Bison football is yet to come! Once this thing gets clicking on all cylinders watch out.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WFBisonFan View Post
    My glass is half full thought: The best of this years edition of Bison football is yet to come! Once this thing gets clicking on all cylinders watch out.
    My glass is actually over half empty. But my glass half full thought is that the first half of this margarita was pretty decent!

I'm feeling pretty about this team. Like I wrote before the UNI game, I don't know why I have these feelings, but I have a lot of confidence in this team. They're winning despite being a finished product. Add in the fact that every team except for Iowa, peaks out when they play NDSU. Therefore, outside the Iowa game, our team has took everyone's absolute best shot and won nearly every game, while still working on developing their own "best shot."
    Hail the BISON!!!

I quit posting in the gd thread during the game for the exact same reason.

Can you bring some of this love fest over to the vikes thread? Theres a lot of negative Nancy's over there.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Just add ice and boom that glass looks full again.

Lardsin must go!

I try not to be negative on them. It is just a game in the end. Like Klieman says just relax and go out and have fun and try not to live up to every perfection expectation. The teams this year and last had big shoes to fill. Not only that had to do it with a target on their back by every team they play. Hopefully they can cement their own stake in the ground with a good run to Frisco this year, 3 years removed from has to be one of the greatest teams ever in FCS/I-AA history.

oldmantutters is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This team, like it seems every year, is filled with outstanding young men.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The negativity is one of the main reasons I hardly post or check this site. I'll stick to my Twitter account where I never post anything negative towards the NDSU players, coaches or school