Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Man Up... Anyone Left?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Next Man Up... Anyone Left?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I have put a lot of thought into the correlation between injuries and lack of discipline. Here is my answer: I can count to potato.
    What's cool about that is potato rhymes with toe

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Last one I remember was Leif Murphy jumping off a dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about Carson Wentz breaking his wrist hunting? <= Still can't put a smiley after that.

Besides, aren't most of our injuries caused by Dom and Jeff labeling a player as "One NDSU Cannot Afford to Lose?"

No it's the ticket stub curse.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I dont have all the numbers but in general I believe Discipline/Off field issues and penalties are correlated. Bruce, King, Wimbush, Zack Johnson, Nick Deluca, FB Garret Malstrom, Eric Backmier. ... the list is growing and this requires some deeper analysis.
    And some people believe the world is flat...Maybe you can analyze that too while you're at it???

Default Next Man Up... Anyone Left?

I've thought for last couple of years that Shepard would be a great RB. Vision, speed and stronger (especially legs) than most probably think.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I've thought for last couple of years that Shepard would be a great RB. Vision, speed and stronger (especially legs) than most probably think.

I have actually thought similar things of dmitri Williams but it was peer speculation so I didn't want to post it on this facts based site.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I agree with you, I am just saying this requires some thinking. Why are we seeing such high number of injuries and penalties ? I agree CK is trying something new and player friendly strategies but is this working ? All these injuries and penalties tells me some of his strategies might not be that effective.
    So now that you are doing the crawdad dance are you backing away from the off field issues also?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So now that you are doing the crawdad dance are you backing away from the off field issues also?
    Why give the dipshit more attention? Just let him go quietly.
    Insert something clever here...

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

High number of penalties and player injuries are indicative of a team that is lacking discipline.
    When I read this right away, I was like everyone else, "what the heck are you thinking?" Then I started thinking about it. If there is a discipline issue, could that have been an off-season issue also? Could that have affected off-season workouts? We already know that they did not get all their off-season lifts in due to playing CSU earlier than normal, but if they did not get their lifts in also due to discipline issues then it could be an issue.

Now not all injuries can be attributed to this. Shoulder separations, especially on the two hits we've seen on Deluca and Wimbush aren't due to this. King's hit probably isn't due to this. Could some of the rest of them?? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    When I read this right away, I was like everyone else, "what the heck are you thinking?" Then I started thinking about it. If there is a discipline issue, could that have been an off-season issue also? Could that have affected off-season workouts? We already know that they did not get all their off-season lifts in due to playing CSU earlier than normal, but if they did not get their lifts in also due to discipline issues then it could be an issue.

Now not all injuries can be attributed to this. Shoulder separations, especially on the two hits we've seen on Deluca and Wimbush aren't due to this. King's hit probably isn't due to this. Could some of the rest of them?? Maybe.
    Considering they work out all year long I dont think missing some lifts are going to have any material effect.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."