Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Tim Polasek know what a play action pass is?

Default Re: Does Tim Polasek know what a play action pass is?

Believe Gruden was being interviewed on ESPN First take?

Don't believe he said the NFL was necessarily following CP, nor do I believe that CP was mentioned by name.

He did praise the offense schemes as being NFL type of plays, and complimented the type of football NDSU plays.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

I admit to questioning Polesek on a lot of his play calling but I wonder why the OC's always get the grief from the arm chair coaches yet when the defense goes into a shell and allows the opponent to carve them up the DC's rarely get called out. Our tackling in the second half yesterday was pretty bad and when we couldn't get pressure from the front 4 Dunne picked us apart rather then sending a blitzer. Not to mention completely blown assignments that leave wide open receivers for TD's. Almost as frustrating as watching the offensive ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I admit to questioning Polesek on a lot of his play calling but I wonder why the OC's always get the grief from the arm chair coaches yet when the defense goes into a shell and allows the opponent to carve them up the DC's rarely get called out. Our tackling in the second half yesterday was pretty bad and when we couldn't get pressure from the front 4 Dunne picked us apart rather then sending a blitzer. Not to mention completely blown assignments that leave wide open receivers for TD's. Almost as frustrating as watching the offensive ineptitude.
    You can call up the perfect coverage and get a defender in position to make a play, but poor tackling often times comes down to the player.

Tim Polasek has been horrible. Zero imagination. Next to no use of tight ends (I realize Illies had a TD catch, but that has been rare), very little running of the tackle, no screens, no use of Stick's running ability, does not allow running backs to get into a rythem, fucking refuses to play Bruce Anderson (when healthy). The list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    You can call up the perfect coverage and get a defender in position to make a play, but poor tackling often times comes down to the player.

Tim Polasek has been horrible. Zero imagination. Next to no use of tight ends (I realize Illies had a TD catch, but that has been rare), very little running of the tackle, no screens, no use of Stick's running ability, does not allow running backs to get into a rythem, fucking refuses to play Bruce Anderson (when healthy). The list goes on and on.
    Same can be said for the offense. Bottom line is every play comes down to execution by the players on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You should stop by his office sometime and coach him up. After you do that, please post how the meeting goes if you don't have your tail tucked between your legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok mr burgandy
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by freelancer View Post
    Gruden called NDSU's offense one of the best in that nation... And said NFL teams are watching what NDSU is doing on offense, and how they are doing it.

I'd guess Tim knows what he is doing.
    The offense was much different last year or 2 with wentz... Heck Jensen, smith, Crockett were more fun
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Imagine what would be said if we were 4-4 .... not 7-1

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Imagine what would be said if we were 4-4 .... not 7-1
    There is a fine line there. Two missed field goals and a made field goal go the other way and yup...were 4-4!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    There is a fine line there. Two missed field goals and a made field goal go the other way and yup...were 4-4!
    4 seconds and we're 8-0

See how this game works?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    4 seconds and we're 8-0

See how this game works?
    Yup, it's a fine line we are walking this year. Can't say the games have been boring!