Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Does Tim Polasek know what a play action pass is?

Default Re: Does Tim Polasek know what a play action pass is?

The Insiders talks about this for most of the first hour today
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    His passing ability wasn't much of an issue until after the Iowa game, which I believe he hurt his back and affected him for the rest of the season. Even more reason not be running the QB so much.

NDSU needs to continue producing more Wentz's and not Goff's. Stay away from the spread crap.
    Hey, we're agreeing on something. I'd much rather watch a power west coast. Spread offense....yuck! Simply doesn't fit NDSU's culture.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm all in on Stick. He's our guy. Coming from a 10-point deficit with little time on the clock doesn't suit his skill set and in my opinion played into JMU's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I'm all in on Stick. He's our guy. Coming from a 10-point deficit with little time on the clock doesn't suit his skill set and in my opinion played into JMU's hands.
    Yeah were just not built to play that type of football. We're all about long methodical drives. But yeah... Stick didn't play that well that day but he will improve. We shouldn't have gotten that far behind anyways. Combo of timely three and outs and shitty defense. And bad luck with the off sides penalty and phantom timeout.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah were just not built to play that type of football. We're all about long methodical drives. But yeah... Stick didn't play that well that day but he will improve. We shouldn't have gotten that far behind anyways. Combo of timely three and outs and shitty defense. And bad luck with the off sides penalty and phantom timeout.
    Can't stand on 3rd and long throwing 3 yard passes. Hopefully he can bring more down the field passing and not be so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Hey, we're agreeing on something. I'd much rather watch a power west coast. Spread offense....yuck! Simply doesn't fit NDSU's culture.
    I absolutely "HATE" the spread offense scheme. As I have written before, it exists only to take advantage that their are far more talented WRs over DBs in college football. It also eliminates the need for the QB to be smart enough to read defenses as all he needs to do is line up and look for the most mismatched coverage and quickly dump the ball to the favored WR.

This scheme has greatly affected the development of NFL QBs for the past 15-20 years.
    Hail the BISON!!!

His passing ability wasn't much of an issue until after the Iowa game, which I believe he hurt his back and affected him for the rest of the season. Even more reason not be running the QB so much.

NDSU needs to continue producing more Wentz's and not Goff's. Stay away from the spread crap.
    We'll never run a Cal offense, at least under coach K we won't. Our offense is more like Ohio State which is just fine. Stick is a dual threat QB, to not run him is a massive waste of his talent. He will never be Wentz throwing the ball but he can add a different dynamic with his legs.

Honestly I'm not sure we'll have another QB with the athleticism, intelligence, arm talent and frame that Wentz had. He was a power five recruit that fell through the cracks.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I absolutely "HATE" the spread offense scheme. As I have written before, it exists only to take advantage that their are far more talented WRs over DBs in college football. It also eliminates the need for the QB to be smart enough to read defenses as all he needs to do is line up and look for the most mismatched coverage and quickly dump the ball to the favored WR.

This scheme has greatly affected the development of NFL QBs for the past 15-20 years.
    The spread has ruined the NFL. That's why guys like Brady, Manning, Roger, and Favre dominate as old guys. NFL QBs are getting dumber and dumber because of college. I love our offense. Teams are shocked when they have to play actual defense and cover short passes and stop a power running game with a fullback. The fold like a cheap suit in the 4th quarter after getting pounded for 3

I am sure there are college football coaches who like to think they are developing student/athletes to play at the next level and then realize they don't keep a job unless they win. You win in college by moving the ball. You look for mismatches all the way back to when you are recruiting kids. Very good and better college WRs win one on one matchups all game long. The bottom line for most coaches will always come back to the best game plan that results in them keeping their job. So it comes back to your point that until DBs start winning more one on one matchups at a very high level, coaches will fall back on the most sure way to move the ball. At the college level, it seems if they are athletic enough to shut some someone down, they are athletic enough you want the ball in their hands.

Would rather see a better thread at the top to atl east congratulate Coach P, guy was a huge part of our run, I'd say close this and hos it
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant