Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Think Improvement Is Most Needed?/Please Prioritize

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Where Do You Think Improvement Is Most Needed?/Please Prioritize

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    At no time in the 4th quarter of any game did it look like we were actively working towards a score.
    Pretty much my observation of this team, very alarming. Seems like they play not lose, and lack a killer instinct.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Fans in the stands if where the most improvement is needed. The top of section 7 was very disappointing at the SDSU game and it hardly ever seemed really loud.
    Winner!

If anything needs to be called out it's this. I got the opportunity to get out to Missoula last year and it's not even close. We've got way too many fans sitting on their hands. With what this team has accomplished, you'd think the least our fanbase could do to is make a little noise on defense, but for the majority that is too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Pretty much my observation of this team, very alarming. Seems like they play not lose, and lack a killer instinct.

Well they've been pretty good at it this year.... the not losing part that is.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

Klieman is coaching like his old mentor Farley. No imagination and playing not to lose.

I still don't know how I feel about this teams chances at number six.

The appearance of losing our 2nd half team label worries me. It's shown itself, but not enough or consistently. We've played what is easily our toughest schedule ever and only got caught against the Bunnies finally winning their Super Bowl after 8 tries, so they were going to get lucky eventual. EWU I have to hope we went with the odd d thinking towards the playoffs, but if we faced them now without Nick and them with a healthy Cupp we'd be in big trouble. UNI is similar to SDSU, I mean that was only our 2nd win in that building. ISUr and MSU were fine eventually, WIU was probably closer than our should've been, but they aren't a bad team this year either.

We've got deficiencies in this team for sure, but they're still finding a way for the most part. I'm not quite ready to start calling for heads, but right now I see us getting knocked off somewhere in the playoffs unless we improve.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

The offensive line. They just don't seem to be as strong as the last few years. Lack nastiness IMO. Can't seem to impose their will over dlines in the second half. How many times have we been stuffed on 3rd and 1 this year? Totally unacceptable for the RAMS.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The offensive line. They just don't seem to be as strong as the last few years. Lack nastiness IMO. Can't seem to impose their will over dlines in the second half. How many times have we been stuffed on 3rd and 1 this year? Totally unacceptable for the RAMS.
    I don't blame the O-Line; it's the game-long unimaginative play calling that allows the opponent to put 7-8-9-10 defense in the box and at the point of attack. Its like 6 on 11. Bison have 11 players on the offensive side of the ball, but use only 6 of them too many times.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I don't blame the O-Line; it's the game-long unimaginative play calling that allows the opponent to put 7-8-9-10 defense in the box and at the point of attack. Its like 6 on 11. Bison have 11 players on the offensive side of the ball, but use only 6 of them too many times.
    You're seeing what you want to see.

Teams have been getting pressure when we do throw the ball. LT has been held down for years by Turner and Haeg who were NFL caliber. Not so much now.

We haven't been able to run power. Some of that is OL. Some is all FBs hurt and I'm not sure if our TEs are as good blocking as previously. I have wondered what took Illies so long. Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Winner!

If anything needs to be called out it's this. I got the opportunity to get out to Missoula last year and it's not even close. We've got way too many fans sitting on their hands. With what this team has accomplished, you'd think the least our fanbase could do to is make a little noise on defense, but for the majority that is too much to ask.
    The average age of our season ticket holders is about 70. I actually had a lady sleeping behind us at the last game - pathetic. Imagine how loud the dome could be if everyone made a little noise, even just clap their hands instead of sitting on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    The average age of our season ticket holders is about 70. I actually had a lady sleeping behind us at the last game - pathetic. Imagine how loud the dome could be if everyone made a little noise, even just clap their hands instead of sitting on them.
    Was she snoring, because that could count. If not, tell her to next time because like you said, every little bit helps.