Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite play from the UNI game?

Default Re: What was your favorite play from the UNI game?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I hate you, I love you, I hate that I love you.

So many correct things said there.

The best play was the overall play of our D. They are by and large solid compared relatively to other D1 Ds IMO. And getting better. They get taxed severely every time O goes 3-out. Imagine how much better they would be/look with more time to rest.

Defense wins championship6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just think how much better they would be if our LBs didnt play so soft looking for the pass? They get no help. They are 4 against 5 all day long which means somebody is getting double teamed. If the TE stays at home 2 guys are getting double teamed. They cant get any pressure on the QB which sure as hell doesnt help the secondary.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hoping to give the Bisonville phonograph a little jolt to get the needle into a more positive groove... damn I'm old.

I have mine picked out but don't want to influence you opinion.
    Thanks for reminding us about being positive - I'm starting to think the constant negativity here is somehow affecting the team (i.e. Stick playing too tight while trying to live up to many of our perfectionist expectations).

With that said, I saw a lot of good things today from all three phases of the team. My favorite is a tie between the Victory Formation to ice NDSU's second win at the UNI-Dome (Klieman's first as HC).

The other play was when Ambrosius channeled his inner-Clowney because it looked cool and also because Dunne didn't get hurt.

Hail the BISON!!!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I'm not sure how Dunne got up from the Ambrosious hit. Props to the kid.

Roughly 5 minutes to go in the game. UNI has a 3rd and 2 from their own 45 down 24-20 (a.k.a. likely 4 down territory) and Tanguay stops Tyvis Smith for a loss of 2 making it a 4th and 4 from their own 43. Farley appears to struggle with the decision for a bit but eventually sends out the punt unit. Huge play by Tanguay... not only does he stop them but he forces a punt in a scenario where they would've very likely gone for it if they had a 4th and 1 or less. It was one of several big plays for the defense in the 4th quarter but this was when, for the first time all year, I really got behind our defense's ability to flat out win the game if the offense wasn't going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Thanks for reminding us about being positive - I'm starting to think the constant negativity here is somehow affecting the team (i.e. Stick playing too tight while trying to live up to many of our perfectionist expectations).

With that said, I saw a lot of good things today from all three phases of the team. My favorite is a tie between the Victory Formation to ice NDSU's second win at the UNI-Dome (Klieman's first as HC).

The other play was when Ambrosius channeled his inner-Clowney because it looked cool and also because Dunne didn't get hurt.

Have a paradigm shift and consider the "negativity" might be correct and this team is capable physically and talent-wise of winning Natty if coaches would DO THERE JOB correctly.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Have a paradigm shift and consider the "negativity" might be correct and this team is capable physically and talent-wise of winning Natty if coaches would DO THERE JOB correctly.

Or have a paradigm shift and realize that this "team" (coaches and players) have done enough to go 7-1 in the toughest first 8 games this NDSU program has ever played. He was an ugly SOB but Al Davis had it right with his slogan for the good ol' Raiders.

Chase's nice run.....not the TD run but one where he broke a tackle and showed some nifty footwork to break free
    What a player
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Or have a paradigm shift and realize that this "team" (coaches and players) have done enough to go 7-1 in the toughest first 8 games this NDSU program has ever played. He was an ugly SOB but Al Davis had it right with his slogan for the good ol' Raiders.
    Don't need a "shift" for that perspective. They have done enough--record supports that, but, in the process, we have taxed the players to the limit when we shouldn't have had to. Recall all the discussions in other years of how bumped, bruised and tired we were going into POs. It will be worse this year. And there is more to say/discuss, but I give up for the night.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Don't need a "shift" for that perspective. They have done enough--record supports that, but, in the process, we have taxed the players to the limit when we shouldn't have had to. Recall all the discussions in other years of how bumped, bruised and tired we were going into POs. It will be worse this year. And there is more to say/discuss, but I give up for the night.

I completely agree that there is mucho room for improvement. But the fact is this team has positioned itself right where they need to be at this point in the season. The fact that they've done that while still making it blatantly clear that they can be better is concerning but at the same time encouraging. The calendar hasn't even hit November yet. If this Bison team is able to start clicking on all cylinders for the first time all year... oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I completely agree that there is mucho room for improvement. But the fact is this team has positioned itself right where they need to be at this point in the season. The fact that they've done that while still making it blatantly clear that they can be better is concerning but at the same time encouraging.
    I agree. Resilient for sure. My heart just want more. Thanks for friendly discussion. I get too intense at times--I know that, but it gets away from me at times.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO