Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    King Frazier may disagree with #2
    I'm talking over all. Not one or two big hits. We know the UNI thugs are always good for those.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

OMG. Klieman needs to rip the headset from Polesack, fire him, and tell him to find his own way back to Fargo. I've seen some real incompetence from him before, but that second half was inconceivably bad.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wyoming beats #13 Boise State! Bohl knew how to put teams away. This team does not!

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

UNI is not that good. Average MV team this year. I'm comfortable with our young defense this far in the season. They are getting better. Offense on the other hand......not so much. They execute ok but I just don't understand what they are trying to do anymore. We completely underuse Easton's running ability. No bootlegs? He could of had a field day the way their d ends were crashing. He also needs to be told to RUN on broken passing plays. Our online needs to be taking.back in the woodshed and light some fire under their big bellies.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Hola View Post
    Running game looked way more cohesive with just Morlock and Dunn sharing carries. Give a RB a chance to get in rhythm.
    I have been screaming for this for 1.5 years. Pick two running backs and let them get into a rhythm. Unfortunately NDSU has the biggest fucking moron known to coach offensive football at the helm. He is a HORRIBLE play caller. He needs to go. Every god dam game he comes in with zero imagination and ignores situational play calling when he does not need an imagination. Hope to God Klieman can find the balls to take control of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by safeteej View Post
    uni is not that good. Average mv team this year. I'm comfortable with our young defense this far in the season. They are getting better. Offense on the other hand......not so much. They execute ok but i just don't understand what they are trying to do anymore. We completely underuse easton's running ability. No bootlegs? He could of had a field day the way their d ends were crashing. He also needs to be told to run on broken passing plays. Our online needs to be taking.back in the woodshed and light some fire under their big bellies.
    play action pass!!!

Polasek and Stick need to get their shit together. That is all.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For almost three quarters we played some of our best football of the year. I was feeling pretty comfortable....Then we pissed down our leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) What happened to being a second half team?
    2) This UNI team wasn't nearly as physical as in the past. Really surprised me.
    3) We did everything we could to keep them in it. This should have been absolute blowout.
    4) Penalties are still an issue.
    5) Why was every play call getting in so late? Had that happened earlier this year?
    6) Stick had an off day. We should have let him run more.
    7) Great game by the lines over all but another game where we can't get a game sealing first down on 3rd and 1?
    8) I said it the last few weeks and I'll say it again: Give the TE's a bigger role in the passing game.
    9) I hate UNI.
    10) I really hate UNI.
    1. Bingo - we can't keep our offense on the field any more in the second half - Polasek play calling is so predictable my grandmother could guess what the Bison are going to do, my God this is getting old fast!!!
    2. Agree=- UNI is not the team of the past and we should have put the hammer down in the 3qtr on them, but noooo we just let them get back in the game....
    3. AGREED! 3 Games in a row 14 point lead in the second half and we look pathetic, like we don't know how to go for the jugular any more???? How about throwing some deep balls to RJ and maybe get an interference call 1 out of 2 times?
    4. Penalties, yes, better but still hurting us.

5. Late plays getting in, quick thinking so damn much Polasek, let Stick roll out and run or throw!
    6. Bingo!
    7.3rd downs conversions a lost thing at NDSU over the past 3 weeks? Play calling to damn predictable, guess what we are going to do, run again! Finally let Stick run a damn bootleg and it gave us 5 yards, could have done that 3 or 4 times over tonight, plus a tightend out in the flat.
    8. Agreed - no TE's out in the middle or any where in our 3rd down MUST HAVE options?????? Brock Jensen and CW lived by this, it was almost unstoppable.
    9. I hate FARLEY too!
    10. 3 Games with 14 point leads and we SUCK in the second half on offense!!!! Oh we did win the game but THANK GOD our defense has some BALLS and WILL to shut teams down!! Great job defense, but poor tackling on many plays, but some big hits too!

Our offense needs to start mixing up the plays like we use to, and quit being so DAMN PREDICTABLE ON 3rd downs and do the unexpected sometimes and quit with the power run on 3rd and short!!!

Special teams - I like our new guy taking the returns, he'll improve should some burst even with mistake in 4th qtr. However when kicking to the opposing team and they run one kick back to the 40 then another to 50, how about we quit kicking it to him and knuckle ball it down the field instead???? Does this take a salary of $60,000 to be a special teams coach? I can figure that out!!!

Nice Job Defense, Stick needs to get his timing and accuracy cleaned up, but better when he's on the move.

UURRRGH, come on Bison lets get this figured out with 3 weeks left......

Be Herd,
    NoDak Bisman

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    play action pass!!!
    That's exactly what I said after the SDSU game. We have the defense knowing we will run up the middle, perfect time for play action. They had 10 guys in the box at one point. The second half play calling has been horrendous.