Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Delta Devils added to 2017 schedule

Default Re: Delta Devils added to 2017 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Since we are going to be traveling to Cheney it would be nice to get a couple of easy wins at home next year. At this point I would put the EWU road game in the L column if I had to guess. That makes the non conference schedule no margin for error when it comes to playoff seeding.

We needed 2 overtimes to win out non conference games. If one of those is a loss were not even ranked in the top 10 and home field is gone.

I LOVE the tough home non conference schedule. This year has been a blast. But coupling that with a road trip to Cheney is kind if dangerous. The committee looks at a road loss to a tough FCS team probably worse than a loss to a shitty FBS opponent. Sad but true.

Look at UNIs schedule. Totally killed a good team
    UNI had opportunities to beat both Montana and EWU and lost. That's what killed them. The Bison had opportunities to beat CSU, EWU, and Iowa and did it. That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    UNI had opportunities to beat both Montana and EWU and lost. That's what killed them. The Bison had opportunities to beat CSU, EWU, and Iowa and did it. That's the difference.
    Had UNI replaced Montana and EWU with wins over 2 cupcakes, they would be talking about getting home field in the playoffs if they win today. Instead their season is on the line and will miss the playoffs if they lose. That could have been us if the kickers for CSU and EWU were better.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can't knock the schedule out of the park every year. Is what it is. Get us primed up for valley play. Kind of feel like the scheduling philosophy the last 5 years has been somewhat successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You live in DC? My sister organized the alumni watch parties there for a couple years
    We were regulars until just the last couple of years. Now we can get just about every game at home so we go less often.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it's a good game. DI Opponent, Jerry Rice's alma mater. Way better than getting a DII game again.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.