Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    No idea what type of arrangement they had. But the next UND home game against NDSU will be a conference game.

Bison will only get some leftover popcorn and an ass kicking.
    Well we love kicking UND's ass but there's still time for UND/El Forko to burn to the ground before we have to travel to that dump so I'm holding out hope for a venue change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    How about a neutral field game with Montana in Denver. Skip the east coast people and play Montana who appears to be back in the mix in the FCS world.
    Why not just another home and home with them instead?

Couple things on this game...

1) I wonder if having a game/event like this in August detracts from the interest in Frisco? As in Bison game reunions amongst friends happened in August in Minneapolis instead of in January in Frisco.

2) Does anyone know the dollar amount NDSU got from the Twins on this game? Initially it was reported that they would max out at $600k with a complete sellout (which it didn't get to) but I heard rumblings that the number was likely going to top that. I haven't heard anything official on it.

Wish we would get an agreement with UNI to have all of our home games in Minneapolis every year. Either target field or USBank! Imagine how many alumni both schools have in the Minneapolis/St Paul area!

I’ll bet we could get 40k every year or a good 2x what either home game attendance would have been had we played at UNI or Fargo! Would be a win win for both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

1) I wonder if having a game/event like this in August detracts from the interest in Frisco? As in Bison game reunions amongst friends happened in August in Minneapolis instead of in January in Frisco.

2) Does anyone know the dollar amount NDSU got from the Twins on this game? Initially it was reported that they would max out at $600k with a complete sellout (which it didn't get to) but I heard rumblings that the number was likely going to top that. I haven't heard anything official on it.
    #2 - We talked about this the day of the game, but never heard the final answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

#1 Nope.......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."