Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Its a football game. The Bison are playing. The game is three hours closer and does not require an overnight. And, I will likely run into a lot of old buddies that do not normally get to Bison games. Although a lot can happen in three years, it is marked on my calendar.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Lmao

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    For the last 13 years NDSU has been nearly flawless in decision making and it's been an almost unbroken positive progression the entire time with PR. This is a swing and a miss. Butler? Have fun with that. You need a really good opponent to make the event special. Cool to play there but against Butler? I guess I expected better.
    You make a good point, Butler isnt close to being the best opponent, but with the FBS schools not wanting to schedule us, especially if they would have to go on the road, NDSU's hands are tied. Just like when the B1G wouldnt play UND in hockey anymore, what can ya do?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    For the last 13 years NDSU has been nearly flawless in decision making and it's been an almost unbroken positive progression the entire time with PR. This is a swing and a miss. Butler? Have fun with that. You need a really good opponent to make the event special. Cool to play there but against Butler? I guess I expected better.
    You make a good point, Butler isnt close to being the best opponent, but with the FBS schools not wanting to schedule us, especially if they would have to go on the road, NDSU's hands are tied. Just like when the B1G wouldnt play UND in hockey anymore, what can ya do?

If this is in addition to 6 home games as it has been stated I can't really understand what people can complain about. Think about it this way, if NDSU were to play Butler in Fargo it would be a snoozefest of a game. 42-0 at halftime and the dome atmosphere in the 2nd half would be reminiscent of a 2002 home game with about 8,000 people there. We're not losing a tailgate. We're not losing value on season tickets, in fact I'm sure season ticket holders will have to buy tickets to this game separately.

This is really just a party with a Bison football game going on in the background. We'll cheer for the 1st quarter and after that it'll be more about the event than the football game.

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Who's going?
    Me, myself and I.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    will be breaking new QB in 2019. Nice to have a game like this to break them in.

I'd definitely go. It will be a fun weekend with the game being one of the lesser parts.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If this is in addition to 6 home games as it has been stated I can't really understand what people can complain about. Think about it this way, if NDSU were to play Butler in Fargo it would be a snoozefest of a game. 42-0 at halftime and the dome atmosphere in the 2nd half would be reminiscent of a 2002 home game with about 8,000 people there. We're not losing a tailgate. We're not losing value on season tickets, in fact I'm sure season ticket holders will have to buy tickets to this game separately.

This is really just a party with a Bison football game going on in the background. We'll cheer for the 1st quarter and after that it'll be more about the event than the football game.

Agree with this right here...Butler had already been on the schedule regardless of being in Fargo or neutral field...that part shouldn't be surprising. I really don't know what I'm missing and I do not understand why people aren't excited for this. This is a brand new event that will feature the Bison in a fresh way especially since we cannot get P5 FBS games scheduled as easily anymore. I live in the Minneapolis and I am pumped for this game and as we get closer then everyone else will be as well.

From the presser season ticket members will need to purchase these tickets in addition to their package. If there is something I am missing please let me know but I think this is great.

Every time NDSU is in town, its like a reunion. We will be there.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 10-24-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club