Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

I wonder how much they will "Bison up" the place. It would be cool to replace these flags with Bison flags.

Also, instead of raising the Twins Territory flag like they do before Twins games, can we raise the Bison Nation flag?

"North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Thankfully, there appears to be more supporters of this than non-supporters. What is troublesome are the comments stating a 3.5 hour drive to a bison game in a 40,000-50,000 seat stadium is a burden. Or that it's a 3-day lake weekend - which to me is an extra free day of travel. That being the case, why would the MWC or any other FBS conference want us if we don't bother traveling this short distance? I absolutely believe we'll show well in MSP, just find it a bit ironic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Thankfully, there appears to be more supporters of this than non-supporters. What is troublesome are the comments stating a 3.5 hour drive to a bison game in a 40,000-50,000 Baseball stadium against the non scholarship school--Butler. Or that it's a 3-day lake weekend - which to me is an extra free day of travel. That being the case, why would the MWC or any other FBS conference want us if we don't bother traveling this short distance? I absolutely believe we'll show well in MSP, just find it a bit ironic.

Fixed it for you.

Plus I can understand the 3-day lake weekend considering--thats what people do in this part of the world. They have large amounts of money tied up in their lake property.
    This is nothing more than an away game at a larger venue. I seriously doubt this is the deal breaker for going FBS.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Plus I can understand the 3-day lake weekend considering--thats what people do in this part of the world. They have large amounts of money tied up in their lake property.
    This is nothing more than an away game at a larger venue. I seriously doubt this is the deal breaker for going FBS.
    It didn't need fixing. FYI, California has plenty of outdoor life: lakes, beaches, ocean, mountains, campgrounds...all of which are often crowded. Despite your thinking and what you probably see on tv, it's not all city. People get outside in this part of the world as well. And nowhere did I say it is a deal breaker. However, we don't get many chances to show we're more than just a 20,000 fan base. And it would be a missed opportunity if we can't represent at a large venue within a very reasonable driving distance.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

It didn't need fixing. FYI, California has plenty of outdoor life: lakes, beaches, ocean, mountains, campgrounds...all of which are often crowded. Despite your thinking and what you probably see on tv, it's not all city. People get outside in this part of the world as well. And nowhere did I say it is a deal breaker. However, we don't get many chances to show we're more than just a 20,000 fan base. And it would be a missed opportunity if we can't represent at a large venue within a very reasonable driving distance.

FYI I lived in CA for 6 years. San Diego area and San Fran area. Traveled all over the state. Spent considerable time around Chico and Butte Meadows and Lake Shasta so I am familiar with the outdoor life.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

In my opinion CAS and PL point is true, they didn't do this for the bison fans currently it is aimed at the biggest market that is going to have to play a factor in us keeping in the 2nd level of football. It's to get exposure to the TC market getting some new eyeballs on a bison game so that it could drive opening a tv market in the TC area and southern MN really. Also bring awareness to Hs kids about NDSU in our biggest most recruited city.

That being said if this was supposed to be the 6th Home game maybe more would come? Not to rag on the many that drive hours already from both directions, the possibility of throwing a 7th weekend away to attend a game 3.5 or one 3.5 hours + typical drive time is the tipping point, others it is butler this is no different than the Valpo game, just a different venue. They turned that into an event that basically said we're Division IAA. People have heard of butler so it's an event to try to display bison football on a bigger scale where there are likely 10,000-15,000 ndsu alumni and who knows how many fans who perhaps never attended ndsu but grew up watching them.

I'll keep it on my calendar but you know a family vacation where you actually interact with family would take precedent over a football game. That said might make it both it's still 3 years from now so...

FYI I lived in CA for 6 years. San Diego area and San Fran area. Traveled all over the state. Spent considerable time around Chico and Butte Meadows and Lake Shasta so I am familiar with the outdoor life.
    Then I am surprised with your first-hand knowledge you are posting false generalizations (regarding outdoor activities in Ca) in an attempt to further your point.

Then I am surprised with your first-hand knowledge you are posting false generalizations (regarding outdoor activities in Ca) in an attempt to further your point.

Please show where I posted anything in regards to CA and its outdoor life except for my last post.

Please show where I posted anything in regards to CA and its outdoor life except for my last post.
    No need to even go there. You didn't.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    In my opinion CAS and PL point is true, they didn't do this for the bison fans currently it is aimed at the biggest market that is going to have to play a factor in us keeping in the 2nd level of football. It's to get exposure to the TC market getting some new eyeballs on a bison game so that it could drive opening a tv market in the TC area and southern MN really. Also bring awareness to Hs kids about NDSU in our biggest most recruited city.

That being said if this was supposed to be the 6th Home game maybe more would come? Not to rag on the many that drive hours already from both directions, the possibility of throwing a 7th weekend away to attend a game 3.5 or one 3.5 hours + typical drive time is the tipping point, others it is butler this is no different than the Valpo game, just a different venue. They turned that into an event that basically said we're Division IAA. People have heard of butler so it's an event to try to display bison football on a bigger scale where there are likely 10,000-15,000 ndsu alumni and who knows how many fans who perhaps never attended ndsu but grew up watching them.

I'll keep it on my calendar but you know a family vacation where you actually interact with family would take precedent over a football game. That said might make it both it's still 3 years from now so...
    Thank you, and again, I have no problem with it. We could use more support/$$, cuz some of us don't have an unlimited supply of it, and NDSU athletics is gonna need more hands feeding the pot. A downturn in Ag or business market (they go hand-in-hand) causes a downturn in my work too. Not sure I can sustain my contribution ($3000.00 or so a year) with what is going on right now. And that is just straight money, and doesn't include travel and 50/50 $$. Not saying that's a lot comparatively, but it's plenty for me after saving for little girl's college and my own retirement. Do the math for 20-30 years.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.