Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Not true, we just played UN_ a few years back.
    I would honestly have preferred Drake (regional school), Grambling (HBCU + the band), or even Central Connecticut (scholarship program) over Butler, but I have bitched enough about this already.

I think it will be a larger turnout than most seem to anticipate, a lot of Bison fans locally are excited to not have to worry if there will be enough lodging as they at times do for away games, as well as getting tickets in larger quantities to sit together other than two at time when trying to get up to Fargo to watch a game with a group. I haven't heard a single person locally not excited for a game to be played again down here, and they all talk about bringing a group (which most aren't even alum that want to go and see an NDSU game). The Twins nights the last couple years have sold out their NDSU promotions and the games were on a friggin Tuesday (while other schools got Friday games).
    A lot of Bison fans drive to a lot worse places, that are much further, for teams that are just as bad, so I don't really buy the whole "It's Butler so its going to be a lousy turnout" argument. You have what's basically going to be a home game, played outdoors, where there is plenty of opportunity to get tickets, enough lodging within walking distance to the game and pregame festivities- and it's another opportunity to show local recruits and prospects Bison support and put that in kids minds that may get offers from Goofs, and other competing schools.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I would honestly have preferred Drake (regional school), Grambling (HBCU + the band), or even Central Connecticut (scholarship program) over Butler, but I have bitched enough about this already.
    Oh.........hell no!

Remember..........a few years ago, a UNI fan was on here saying that NDSU would fall flat on their collective faces in the Valley AND couldn't hang with Drake!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Oh.........hell no!

Remember..........a few years ago, a UNI fan was on here saying that NDSU would fall flat on their collective faces in the Valley AND couldn't hang with Drake!
    That was more than a few years ago. Before we basically stole their soul.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That was more than a few years ago. Before we basically stole their soul.
    https://youtu.be/6PQ6335puOc
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

I tried to create a poll but apparently I'm not smart enough to do that

Someone should create a poll and we can see how BV thinks this will turn out. Maybe start at 10,000-14,999 and then do 5,000 increments up to 40,000?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I tried to create a poll but apparently I'm not smart enough to do that

Someone should create a poll and we can see how BV thinks this will turn out. Maybe start at 10,000-14,999 and then do 5,000 increments up to 40,000?
    You could also ask whos going to attend.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

17>1 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You could also ask whos going to attend.
    Or just start a roll call thread as the game gets closer in 2019? I think we've got a pretty good idea based upon this thread of who wants to go and who doesn't.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I will be asking every bison fan I see this weekend if they're going to the butler game or not. Will report back my results

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I will be asking every bison fan I see this weekend if they're going to the butler game or not. Will report back my results
    Do I have to decide already?

533 In a row