Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Bring up all the shit you want. None of what you say means we don't support the team/players. Last time I checked, we are all entitled to an opinion. You have yours others have their's. Deal with it! There needs to be more "deal with it" and less "whining about it" on this and many issues IMO. People should quit stating an opinion/thought because it may make someone out there feel badly?!? Really?! Fuck I get sick of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Less whining. That's rich.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Honestly, I'm just really disappointed with the response I'm seeing from several posters on this board that I have come to respect and appreciate over the course of my time on Bisonville. Those very people are former players that have worn the very uniform of The Herd. They are donors that have given large amounts of their own money to support NDSU and the football program. They have been around for a long time and have seen so many more things than I have in regards to Bison nation. And yet they complain about a game with the very team that they have given so much for because they don't like the venue, or the city in which it's held, the 3 1/2 hour drive, or the opponent. I'm not saying they're less of fan than so and so. To me, it just seems selfish. Frankly, Bisonville lately seems selfish. People think we've peeked and are now asking for more. People expect perfection on the football field, which are not realistic expectations, and wish we had better players or coaches. Someone asks if the kids are under more pressure because of the title streak, the only place they're getting those kinds of pressure are with this fan base that never seems happy anymore even after they go out and win a football game. I'm pretty tired of it and coming here just isn't as much fun as it used to be. People are losing sight of what is really important and really what brings us all together on this board.....supporting the young men that wear the uniform, who are working hard each and every day to get better and to make those that played, those that support, and those that show up to cheer, proud to be Bison. So with having said all that I'm not taking sides, I'm just going to keep supporting my favorite team and am going to make every effort I can to be there and support them wherever and whomever they're playing. The rest of you can do what you want.

With that said, I don't care who goes or stays home. This game is happening and I'm going.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Less whining. That's rich.
    That's ^^^ even more rich!

Think of it this way. NDSU players have been challenged for decades to seek perfection and excellence. Can they? Well, probably not perfection, but yes on excellence. But supporters can't have those same expectations and comment on them or they risk being called out as not "real" fans/supporters. IMO, it's the people who call themselves "true" fans but don't put their money where their mouth is that are the ones who should be called out/questioned.

Again, my opinion. YMMV.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Its still not fair to us that have to travel 6 hours round trip for a "home" game. Not our fault you chose to live in the cities.
    That's what you took from my post? It's not about me. I go to most of the games regardless. It's about expanding the exposure and brand to OTHERS.

Here's a clue, it's not about you either.

Also, it's not a home game.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Think of it this way. NDSU players have been challenged for decades to seek perfection and excellence. Can they? Well, probably not perfection, but yes on excellence. But supporters can't have those same expectations and comment on them or they risk being called out as not "real" fans/supporters. IMO, it's the people who call themselves "true" fans but don't put their money where their mouth is that are the ones who should be called out/questioned.

Again, my opinion. YMMV.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with people whining about a road game being in the wrong place.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I'm not sure what any of that has to do with people whining about a road game being in the wrong place.
    First, I didn't say it was in the wrong place generally--maybe others did. It's just not for me, and that's perfectly fine. I'll yield there.

Second, my post was more directed at the other aspects of his post. He states his position/thoughts, I stated mine. Nothing "rich" about either really. It just is what it is. To each their own.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Again, my opinion. YMMV.

Good post. I donate and havent missed a home game since 2006. My opinion is the opponent sucks but I'm still going. You are as big or a bigger fan than I am and don't want to go and I respect that. But I also respect the people who are pumped up about the game.

I just hope it draws well and gets a good crowd. This could be a very significant event with some huge upside.

I think Matt Larson just assumed everyone would be pumped about the game and apparently didn't think the opponent mattered. By the sounds of it, plenty of Bison fans aren't very excited. Ndsu is going to have to push this game very very hard or the turnout could me kind of meh.

I'll be there just because I'm a big picture fan and if it sucks, I probably wouldn't go again

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bring up all the shit you want. None of what you say means we don't support the team/players. Last time I checked, we are all entitled to an opinion. You have yours others have their's. Deal with it! There needs to be more "deal with it" and less "whining about it" on this and many issues IMO. People should quit stating an opinion/thought because it may make someone out there feel badly?!? Really?! Fuck I get sick of it.

Nailed it. Thanks for saying it so I don't have to. Charlie is THE MAN. (and I might add I'm washing my hands of this whole subject)

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

I'm going!! Get to watch my team play and drink like a rockstar downtown for two nights. Fun reading everyone's debating the merits of this game or lack there of. But I don't give a shit. Gonna make a weekend of it and enjoy myself with hopefully 20k other Bison fans downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfaithful View Post
    I'm going!! Get to watch my team play and drink like a rockstar downtown for two nights. Fun reading everyone's debating the merits of this game or lack there of. But I don't give a shit. Gonna make a weekend of it and enjoy myself with hopefully 20k other Bison fans downtown.
    Now there is a solid post. Thank you.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO