Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    For those saying they aren't excited about the opponent and wont watch the gsme..I question if you are a Bison football fan. Yeah, I said it. I dont care if the Bison are playing Alabama or playing Moorhead State. If they are playing a football game, I am watching.
    Well arent you being a little bitch questioning somebodies fandom over a horse shit opponent.

Did anyone say they wouldnt watch the game? No, some said they wouldnt attend it or just arent interested.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Well arent you being a little bitch questioning somebodies fandom over a horse shit opponent.

Did anyone say they wouldnt watch the game? No, some said they wouldnt attend it or just arent interested.
    How could any Bison football fan not be interrested in a Bison football game; wherever it is and whoever it is against. Were Ferris St, Deleware St, Incarnate Word, or St Francis great opponents?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Im going ++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Awesome get by NDSU. It doesn't matter who the opponent is because Bisonation will still travel to this game in droves. Those of you whiney -------, don't go to the game it's your choice.

How can you ignore the multiple benefits of playing a game in a professional stadium smack dab in the middle of your prime recruiting base. The financial benefit is also obvious as the Twins are paying the Bison guarantee of $180,000 to Butler and will also pay a guarantee of around $600,000 to NDSU.

It sure makes sense from an exposure, recruiting and financial aspect and this event will also provide fans with a 7th home game just a short distance down the road from Fargo. It was a no brainer decision and one that will pay huge dividends for NDSU!!
    This.^^^^^

How could any Bison football fan not be interrested in a Bison football game; wherever it is and whoever it is against. Were Ferris St, Deleware St, Incarnate Word, or St Francis great opponents?
    At this juncture I have no interest in this game either. When the time comes I will watch it or listen to in on the radio. I wont speak for Other fans. But I can see why the game itself wouldnt interest some people.

No those teams werent great opponents. But we didnt have to travel 3 hours to see them in a baseball stadium either. Plus they were the first games of the season and people were pretty starved for anything Bison.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonTru is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is your interest in every Bison game the exact same regardless of opponent? Mines not. Every game you mentioned is a cupcake garbage opponent. Will I watch? Yeah, mainly to see the back ups get in, in the second half and see what the future crop holds. However, I'm a helluva more interested in games vs. Iowa, Montana, Eastern Washington and the such. Butler greatly decreases my desire to cross out a weekend on the schedule and spend it in the cities.

With that being said, I fully understand with our scheduling issues and trying to get 6 home games every year we are going to have these opponents, and I'm fine with that. With the conference we play in, it may even make sense to make sure we have at least 1-2 breather games like this. However, I wish we could have gotten a better opponent. I'm more likely to be at the Delaware game this year than in the cities. If it works out I'll probably be at both.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'll be there. I don't get the bitching if we have six homes games and the school gets the expected FBS sized payout from this game, it seems like a no brainer to me.

I would have loved to get a better opponent but with that said, it would suck having to play a premium non-conference opponent at a neutral site instead of at home.
    If people are bitching after already having 6 homes games, then there's nothing that will please them

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If people are bitching after already having 6 homes games, then there's nothing that will please them
    I think very few are truly bitching about it being a bad thing, they're just saying they have no interest in going. That's fine with me, their loss is someone else's gain since I would guess there's plenty of people ready to take their place for that game. I'm definitely going and, as long as tickets are reasonable (as in decent seats for less than $50), I'd say I'll have around 30k likeminded folks there with me.

There's also a crapload of suites at Target Field that would really add to the experience if you can swing it. I'd recommend that to anyone who can get a decent size group together. You can have your suite's mini-fridge stocked with adult beverages and they'll cater in ballpark food directly to your suite (both for added costs of course).

Then you've also get the Budweiser party deck that I'm sure some big sponsor will get. Not a great view of the game but, as previously stated, the game itself is just the excuse for the party. You'd really be able to see plays develop up there though.

I hope they come up with a tailgating solution by that time. We could use the Vikings lots but probably at a premium cost. The light rail stops right by the Vikings lots at US Bank Stadium and could drop you off right outside Target Field (and back again). It is three stops down 5th St in downtown Mpls.

Although, there are many bars in the area anyway if it doesn't work out.

Here's a good interview with Matt Larson on Bison 1660 today with Keith Brake
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...y-october-24th

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com