Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

Default Re: Bison versus Butler at Target Field, 2019

My issues with this game are two fold. First off it's in a fricking baseball stadium. Football doesn't belong in a baseball stadium. Secondly if you're going to play in the cities in a baseball stadium make a splash by playing a decent opponent and making it a good game at least. This was nothing more then a stunt by the Twins to get butts in their stadium.

Let's get James Madison in the Vikings stadium. Now that would be a show! It could be the kickoff game on ESPN even.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    My issues with this game are two fold. First off it's in a fricking baseball stadium. Football doesn't belong in a baseball stadium. Secondly if you're going to play in the cities in a baseball stadium make a splash by playing a decent opponent and making it a good game at least. This was nothing more then a stunt by the Twins to get butts in their stadium.

Let's get James Madison in the Vikings stadium. Now that would be a show! It could be the kickoff game on ESPN even.
    Yeah it's that easy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah it's that easy
    Where did I say it was easy? Clearly scheduling is not easy but they get paid to figure this shit out.

Where did I say it was easy? Clearly scheduling is not easy but they get paid to figure this shit out.
    Finding someone "good" to play without a return game or an FBS size payout is not easy for NDSU's staff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Finding someone "good" to play without a return game or an FBS size payout is not easy for NDSU's staff right now.
    No shit sherlock. Why can't we do a return game? Are we never going to schedule H/H with anyone anymore? If so that is going to severely limit your options.

No shit sherlock. Why can't we do a return game? Are we never going to schedule H/H with anyone anymore? If so that is going to severely limit your options.
    We did, 2019 OOC schedule is below

Butler
    UND
    DELAWARE (first of a H/H with them, going there first

THis year we do our return game to EWU

last year we had Montana in for their return game, we had Montana St back out, you make it sound like we dont do it

The Butler game is a way to get traction in MSP, would a Home game have been better? Maybe but I know im looking forward to hitting DT Minny for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    +++

Anyone who thinks that the "average fan" would care more about a home game against Grambling than a game at Target Field against "fill in the blank" has been spending too much time on BV. Give it a shot, and if it truly is the worst thing ever, all we lost out on is a home game against a cupcake non-conference team.
    FYI, this game does not affect the "home" games for NDSU. It's just an extra game to sell the Bison brand in the school's biggest market. In return, the Twins' organization sells some seats. A win-win for both organizations. For Butler, they get a cheap trip to play against the Nation's best in front of what will be a pretty decent crowd. For Minnesota, they get to claim a Championship-caliber football team as their own for a day.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Super pumped this thread was bumped! So many new, interesting, original, and thrilling things related to this topic being discussed here!

This as all Bison games will be fun to attend.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

When do we sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame?"

Can our guys wear metal spikes? Wood helmets required or are composite helmets allowed? Will we become involved in "Pine-Targate at Target Field?"

If the other team throws or kicks the ball into the stands, do we all chant "Throw it back! Throw it back!"?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.