Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weight of 5 Straight Championships

Default Re: The Weight of 5 Straight Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    They are 5 time champs because they don't have the "Defending Chsmpions" mentality. They are not defending anything, new team, new challenge, new season. Completely disagree with Defending mentality.
    Completely agree.

And we as fans should appreciate the accomplishments that each new team makes during their season.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I have no idea how it affects the coaches and players.

I have ZERO anxiety during and after games. The Championship streak will end eventually. All of them do. I can live with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cuz you are a und fan!!!! I've outted u many times
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I like all of these views on this post, the ones I was reading during the game had me shaking my head at some fans who lose their thought process.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

I don't think it's weight. I think it has to do with expectations. I'll say this... The most enjoyable season in the championship run was last year. Like coach P said, we weren't the best team. We were the best program.

The least enjoyable was 2013. We were just so much better than everyone, it got boring after the K State win. This year we can beat anyone but lose to anyone. Were just not as good. But that makes it fun. Everything is earned

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    They are 5 time champs because they don't have the "Defending Chsmpions" mentality. They are not defending anything, new team, new challenge, new season. Completely disagree with Defending mentality.
    True...but other schools teams (players, coaches, fans, media,etc.) are certainly gunning for the NDSU Bison football program. In most cases I would put in the "detest category" for the NDSU Bison football program. It goes with the territory. Unless you are a true Bison fan, most FCS fans are looking forward to the end of this run...and they are enjoying the perceived or real struggles so far for the Bison. I have been a Bison fan for several decades, and do not know if I have ever enjoyed as much being 6-1. I have no idea how this season will end, but there is the opportunity to have it be really, really, really, really, really, really special. Trust the tradition.

I thought this thread was going to be a structural analysis of the Bison Football trophy case.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's hard to believe that NDSU is 6-1 and Deluca has been out for four of those games. Just think about who the Bison have played... Charleston Southern, Eastern Washington, Iowa, Illinois St, Missouri St, SDSU and WIU. That's some pretty tough competition and those teams have a TON of film on the Bison. Heck they have 15 games of our Sophomore QB...38 on this coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I have no idea how it affects the coaches and players.

I have ZERO anxiety during and after games. The Championship streak will end eventually. All of them do. I can live with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^
    This
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The weight of 5 straight championships is equal to roughly 1/2 an SDSU cheerleader.

In other words it's fucking heavy.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Are these dinosaur sprinkles making my ice cream sundae too heavy?