Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Pregame Thread

Default Re: UNI Pregame Thread

it does sort of seem like - UNI play one really good game against an average team~ after losing 4 of 5 (approx.) and now they are all of a sudden of the top one or two FCS teams ~ just seems odd... just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bison81 View Post
    it does sort of seem like - UNI play one really good game against an average team~ after losing 4 of 5 (approx.) and now they are all of a sudden of the top one or two FCS teams ~ just seems odd... just sayin'
    Yeah, lets not pretend this is a top 5 team. They are inconsistent. Sure they will play NDSU as hard as they always have but there's something about them that is off this year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know if I'd technically classify it as on the hot seat but if UNI loses this game I think it might be the beginning of the end for Farley. Seems like there's quite a bit of animosity towards him amongst UNI fans and, even worse, more apathy towards the football program than in a long while. If they go into a tailspin to end the season can Farley survive that with an AD less than 2 years into the job?

Not that any of us should really care but I just think it's an interesting dynamic there given the sustained success the program has had under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah, lets not pretend this is a top 5 team. They are inconsistent. Sure they will play NDSU as hard as they always have but there's something about them that is off this year.
    Who's pretending?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Hate to say it but I like UNI in this one... a loss won't end our season but we're getting into crunch time and have to avoid L's for seeding
    I agree. They're in desperation mode again. They likely win, they claim "dominance" over us. We have last laugh in playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Hate to say it but I like UNI in this one... a loss won't end our season but we're getting into crunch time and have to avoid L's for seeding
    I agree. They're in desperation mode again. They likely win, they claim "dominance" over us. We have last laugh in playoffs

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think a telling stat is that UNI has been sacked 26 times in 7 games (2nd worst in our conference). I am not sure if that is because of offensive line struggles or Bailey holding onto the ball too long? Maybe things will change with Dunne at QB, but if he is less mobile, and their offensive line struggles with pass protection, our defensive line could have a big day. Also UNI is the most penalized team in the league with 58 penalties in 7 games. Hidden yardage decides a lot of close games.

Bison win by a touchdown. We score in the second half.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Default UNI Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I think a telling stat is that UNI has been sacked 26 times in 7 games (2nd worst in our conference). I am not sure if that is because of offensive line struggles or Bailey holding onto the ball too long? Maybe things will change with Dunne at QB, but if he is less mobile, and their offensive line struggles with pass protection, our defensive line could have a big day. Also UNI is the most penalized team in the league with 58 penalties in 7 games. Hidden yardage decides a lot of close games.
    We have basically failed to take advantage of and or attack a lot of opponents' apparent weaknesses this year.

Chuck So.: small O & D lines.

EWU: young OL.

SDSU: poor D/secondary.

Mo. State: poor secondary.

WIU: poor secondary.

So, I wouldn't count on a bunch of sacks or huge QB pressure, but hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Farley has a fresh contract with UNI they dont have the money to pay for a new coach.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns