Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Pregame Thread

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Pregame Thread

For whatever reason, the Bison always have a tough go of it when we play at Western. Nothing new.

I don't think it is that we think the new guy is the savior, rather we are ecstatic that we might be able to complete a pass now and again.

Should be a great game. The typical pattern of NDSU/UNI games are that they are hard fought and physical, with neither team backing down. Then NDSU usually ends up winning because they are tougher mentally, make better in-game adjustments, and know how to finish. I expect more the same on Saturday, though because of intangibles I think UNI has a better chance than in most of their matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I can't say I disagree really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure how they should have won, they had their chances and failed.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wimbush is back. That's it.

Really wish we would recruit big and fast RB. Feel like our O scheme holds us back from getting great RBs/WRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure we can complain about our RBs. Weve been solid since what? Before Gordon?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    I don't think it is that we think the new guy is the savior, rather we are ecstatic that we might be able to complete a pass now and again.

Should be a great game. The typical pattern of NDSU/UNI games are that they are hard fought and physical, with neither team backing down. Then NDSU usually ends up winning because they are tougher mentally, make better in-game adjustments, and know how to finish. I expect more the same on Saturday, though because of intangibles I think UNI has a better chance than in most of their matchups.

I saw Panthers game against the Bears last week. It looked like your team offense was on a completely different level. Lot of great throws by your young QB and he has some good WRs too. I think in order to truly plan for this game our coaches should look at the K-State tape when Colin Klien was the grad assistant for the WildCats. On defense Carter Suhulz is a guaranteed NFL level player, Rickey Niel and Duncan Ferch have taken over for Tim Kilfoy and Deondre Hall. The first play of the game for the Bears, 3rd and short for the Bears, the Bears QB throws a little short pass to a WR near the sideline, your DB jumps in front of the Bears WR and intercepts the pass and took it endzone for a TD, , year after year, how your coaching staff prepares your players to play such opportunistic defense really amazes me. Mark Farley does a good job of experimenting a lot of players and getting them ready just in time before the Bison game.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Biggest question of the weekend. How many phantom whistles will Farley and whomever is quarterback will they here in the uni garage??

look out for these guys at tailgating

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I saw Panthers game against the Bears last week. It looked like your team offense was on a completely different level. Lot of great throws by your young QB and he has some good WRs too. I think in order to truly plan for this game our coaches should look at the K-State tape when Colin Klien was the grad assistant for the WildCats. On defense Carter Suhulz is a guaranteed NFL level player, Rickey Niel and Duncan Ferch have taken over for Tim Kilfoy and Deondre Hall. The first play of the game for the Bears, 3rd and short for the Bears, the Bears QB throws a little short pass to a WR near the sideline, your DB jumps in front of the Bears WR and intercepts the pass and took it endzone for a TD, , year after year, how your coaching staff prepares your players to play such opportunistic defense really amazes me. Mark Farley does a good job of experimenting a lot of players and getting them ready just in time before the Bison game.
    Except for the fact Kilfoy played safety and Hall played corner. Ferch plays MLB and Neal is listed as their starting DE, but plays more of a hybrid role of OLB and DE in their scheme.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    "it's not the Bison of old on offense"
    "they didn't score in the 2nd half"
    "totally beatable and we should have won"
    Would've, could've, should've..........................the buzz words of non-champions since the beginning of time.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hate to say it but I like UNI in this one... a loss won't end our season but we're getting into crunch time and have to avoid L's for seeding