Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    UNI by 3+ scores next week. This time, they don't rush the field though.
    Agreed..............

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    1. Our offense has given them nothing on tape to study. Time to open it up for UNI.

Assuming we have something to open up. I don't think we have anything else to show.

2. I hope UNI comes in overconfident. I would be if I were them.

3. 6 of our 7 opponents have been Top 25 (includes Iowa). We really should be happy to be sitting at 6-1

Yes, we should. Not because of competition, but because we are not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    King Frazier couldn't run away from my grandma, and she is dead. Pretty unimaginative play calling in the second half, we are being outcoached.
    We are not being outcoached, it just looks that way because we are being outmanned. We not as good as we think we are.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I was thinking a lot of the same things while watching this game. WIU is a good team, but we stayed vanilla on both side of the ball. I think a lot of it still has to do with guys getting fundamentals down, but there will be a time to open it up and UNI may a good point to start turning it up.

1. Addressed a little bit already, but while running up the middle was more effective tonight, I think we can run at will on anyone off-tackle. When we did run off-tackle, the Bison were a 1/2 step away from long TD runs. I have to think TP knows this and is keeping those plays in his pocket. Just a taste here and there.

2. UNI should feel pretty good about next Saturday. NDSU has looked vulnerable, has lost a game to the bunnies, and they built their program around matching up against the Bison.

3. By the end of the season, a majority of the schedule will have been played against FBS or playoff teams. Take care of business one week at a time and see what happens.
    NDSU's offense isn't good enough to "open it up" against any good defense. I'm glad the D looked decent today though. I think UNI will beat us handily (won't be close) but I still have hopes this team can put it together better before playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Seems like Easton has struggled since Carson came back. Passing game has been off.
    That's why I said a couple week ago we were going to have 6 quarters of less than good play. Carson has a positive influence on them when he's there and then they seem lost when he's gone and it takes a while to find their own way. Sadly I was incorrect on only 6 quarters

Does anyone else feel surprised when our offense gets a first down? That second half was brutal.

Easton ran a lot last year, a ton. He isn't running as much this year, I am sure the coaches don't want him taking a lot of hits but his legs add a huge dynamic to the offense.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Think Bison are less athletic on the o line than they used to be and it's preventing them from closing out games running the ball.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Offense just isn't executing like it should. Not counting this team out yet. Hopefully we see a lot of improvement over the next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I like blowouts. Much harder to get up for a slugfest with Southeastern North Bugtussle U.

Today again exposed our weaknesses. Seems like Easton has struggled since Carson came back. Passing game has been off. Defense is playing conservative. We need to get back to Domination soon or we won't go far in the post-season.
    Stick was deadly in that game against ISUr with Carson in the box.

Our offense is pathetic. 0 points in the second half. 0 points in the fourth quarter vs. SDSU. Pathetic.