Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Dom Davis in nickel look better than having Plank in to anybody else?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

King Frazier couldn't run away from my grandma, and she is dead. Pretty unimaginative play calling in the second half, we are being outcoached.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    1. Our offense has given them nothing on tape to study. Time to open it up for UNI.

2. I hope UNI comes in overconfident. I would be if I were them.

3. 6 of our 7 opponents have been Top 25 (includes Iowa). We really should be happy to be sitting at 6-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope that's the case but I'll believe it when I see it.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I say we are being out coached in the second half. Stivk cant be that bad at passing that we have to run into a loaded box constantly.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I say we are being out coached in the second half. Stivk cant be that bad at passing that we have to run into a loaded box constantly.
    Did you see those 2 interceptions?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Held them to 269 yards on offense. Defense played decent, considering this is yet another pretty good offense.

Offense was terrible, like they can't find their identity. Take away those two picks and Stick had a great day. But those picks...ouch. And penalties were bad.

It's been a tough schedule and to be 6-1 at this point is OK. This team can beat anybody and has yet to play their best football.
    Last edited by bisonp; 10-23-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    1. Our offense has given them nothing on tape to study. Time to open it up for UNI.

2. I hope UNI comes in overconfident. I would be if I were them.

3. 6 of our 7 opponents have been Top 25 (includes Iowa). We really should be happy to be sitting at 6-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking a lot of the same things while watching this game. WIU is a good team, but we stayed vanilla on both side of the ball. I think a lot of it still has to do with guys getting fundamentals down, but there will be a time to open it up and UNI may a good point to start turning it up.

1. Addressed a little bit already, but while running up the middle was more effective tonight, I think we can run at will on anyone off-tackle. When we did run off-tackle, the Bison were a 1/2 step away from long TD runs. I have to think TP knows this and is keeping those plays in his pocket. Just a taste here and there.

2. UNI should feel pretty good about next Saturday. NDSU has looked vulnerable, has lost a game to the bunnies, and they built their program around matching up against the Bison.

3. By the end of the season, a majority of the schedule will have been played against FBS or playoff teams. Take care of business one week at a time and see what happens.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    One would expect to see them use both though the way the QB run game has hurt us. Although Dunne looked really good today.
    UNI QB Coach is Collin Klein. He graduated by the time Bison played K-State in 2013 I saw him on the sidelines during that game. As a graduate assistant at K-State, he worked with Jake Waters and Daniel Sims. So I am expecting Eli Dunne as their main QB and Aaron Bailey start under center when they plan for run plays.

http://www.unipanthers.com/coaches.a...&path=football
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Remember in the past when some posters were incessantly complaining about how boring the games were when we were blowing out every team? Well,---
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Remember in the past when some posters were incessantly complaining about how boring the games were when we were blowing out every team? Well,---
    I like blowouts. Much harder to get up for a slugfest with Southeastern North Bugtussle U.

Today again exposed our weaknesses. Seems like Easton has struggled since Carson came back. Passing game has been off. Defense is playing conservative. We need to get back to Domination soon or we won't go far in the post-season.