Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Offense just isn't executing like it should. Not counting this team out yet. Hopefully we see a lot of improvement over the next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This team has not improved from game one, period, and poor play on O has nothing to do with CW coming home for a visit.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    This will sound odd so be kind in your responses. MVFC teams are trying to beat the bison more than trying to win the game. Last week jacks going for it on so many 4 and whatever and same for leathernecks. I believe if they are playing any other team they try fg a couple of those times. But they are all sick of ndsu beating them all the time they will do whatever they need to to beat the bison. Because if they lose most will say they were suppose to lose to ndsu anyways might as well roll the dice.
    If teams are going to be doing that to us, I think it's time to counter by doing the same thing back to them. Had we had the same aggressive mindset, we could have beat the Bunnies.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This team has not improved from game one, period, and poor play on O has nothing to do with CW coming home for a visit.

I think the defensive secondary has improved but I haven't seen the o line do much. They peaked at Iowa and have been disappointing since then. D line has also been solid except for the SDSU game they decided to take off.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Stick was deadly in that game against ISUr with Carson in the box.
    If it helps I could make a life-size cardboard cutout of Carson we can put up in the box. Tell the team Carson is there to help out.

But this plan only works as long as the team doesn't find out its not really him.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I think the defensive secondary has improved but I haven't seen the o line do much. They peaked at Iowa and have been disappointing since then. D line has also been solid except for the SDSU game they decided to take off.
    I agree, despite the hate the defense has received they have improved over the past few weeks and kept us in games making big stops. Offense really needs to help them out more and keep them off the field.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For what it's worth, even with the shanked punt, we out punted WIU.

WIU - 3 for 106 avg 35.3
    NDSU 3 for 111 avg 37

# winning

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Shep must have just been told to fair catch every punt. Seems like he had an opportunity to return 1 or 2 but signaled for fair catch right away.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well in fairness if they're that short he probably should be fair catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Only outlier to that I would say is the Iowa game we played pretty good all around solid football more so in the 2nd half than 1st half will grant that. At least it was good enough to beat everyone in FCS on a good day imo.

You can argue they were a crappy FBS team not any better than a top 25 FCS team and we beat them on a last second field goal... guess that's arguable too.

That said we didn't turn it over and about the major complaint we had was the punting and discussion on whether we should have gone for 2 or kicked the PAT. Seems our Offense has flipped from that game we can get points in the first half but we can't do anything in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Macomb isnt that bad, but isnt that great. Dont want to be too hard on them as we have some pretty ratty towns in nd.
    Tailgate was a winner. Good crowd, weather was kind, and PL and Tatanka were their usual culinery genius.
    Our away fans need more practice. No it is not a crime to stand. And be loud on defense.
    Their band. Never change. Stay just the way you are. Also with their purple overalls, white shirts and ball hats, they looked like Super Mario.
    Everyone we met asked how long it took to get there. They were in awe.
    Thanks PL and Tatanka for the wonderful hospitality and those amazing carnitas.🌯😄