Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Pregame Thread

Default Re: WIU Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If we don't roll WIU, it will be telling. Time for Bison Football to be ... well ... Bison Football, and send a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want to see a 2012 style destruction of South Dakota in Sioux Falls kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I want to see a 2012 style destruction of South Dakota in Sioux Falls kind of game.
    There is a big difference between a bad USD team in 2012 and a top 15 WIU.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    There is a big difference between a bad USD team in 2012 and a top 15 WIU.

Dewey
    There is a big difference between our 2012 Bison team and 2016 team. Bison still win.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I honestly don't think TP knows how to run a play action pass out of power. Steve Walker used to make a killing off of dumping the ball to the tight ends on little play action roll outs. Jensen used to do it all the time.

The easiest way to kill a team stacking the box is to get the tight ends involved.
    This is spot on. Once we make their D predictable (by us being predictable and running power repeatedly even if it doesn't work) make them pay. Many teams have 11 guys within 6-7 yards of the line of scrimmage and their safeties read power and race to stop the run. Send Illies on a go. Will make their safeties think twice about filling on power.

Also, I think Philly ran a play against Chicago for a TD off jet sweep action and I said to myself we should do that. Basically fake a jet sweep and then did quick pitch to the RB back towards the sideline where the jet sweep motion started. Could do this short or wide side to Dunn (or Bruce when healthy) with Chase as lead blocker.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We were getting 4-5 yards a carry on that first drive and it looked like our OL would dominate the game. Regardless if their are 8 guys in the box I want them to impose their will in this game. That's where our improvement needs to be.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I honestly don't think TP knows how to run a play action pass out of power. Steve Walker used to make a killing off of dumping the ball to the tight ends on little play action roll outs. Jensen used to do it all the time.

The easiest way to kill a team stacking the box is to get the tight ends involved.
    I don't think Tim P knows how to run anything out of power and I don't think he cares to because he doesn't like power in the first place. I honestly think he would much rather throw the ball around the field 50 times a game if they had the personal to do it.

Look at the games under Bohl and Vigen, the first quarter and half to two quarters they barely ran up the middle. All the runs were jet sweeps, QB roll outs or off tackle, sweeps by the running backs. Passes were short crossing or quick outs to the TEs. They would get those big D-lineman and linebackers running sideline to sideline, that is what would tire them out. Then 2nd half is when they started pounding the ball up the middle, AFTER they tired those guys out. That is when they would let their superior conditioning take over.

Since Tim P took over, the TE passes are getting less and less, the outside runs are getting less and less, the QB roll outs are getting less and less..It's like he is either slowly trying to get power out of the playbook or he has no idea how to run a power offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I don't think Tim P knows how to run anything out of power and I don't think he cares to because he doesn't like power in the first place. I honestly think he would much rather throw the ball around the field 50 times a game if they had the personal to do it.

Look at the games under Bohl and Vigen, the first quarter and half to two quarters they barely ran up the middle. All the runs were jet sweeps, QB roll outs or off tackle, sweeps by the running backs. Passes were short crossing or quick outs to the TEs. They would get those big D-lineman and linebackers running sideline to sideline, that is what would tire them out. Then 2nd half is when they started pounding the ball up the middle, AFTER they tired those guys out. That is when they would let their superior conditioning take over.

Since Tim P took over, the TE passes are getting less and less, the outside runs are getting less and less, the QB roll outs are getting less and less..It's like he is either slowly trying to get power out of the playbook or he has no idea how to run a power offense.
    Nailed it! I feel like CP controls a bit too much as well. He needs to allow our players to just play more and use their abilities. Too say that Stick and others are limited because of knowledge of offense and therefore he is limited in plays he can call is BS IMO. Simplify the O then. CP thinks a bit too much of himself at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I see we are back to the mindset of 'our line is going to dominate'.

While I really hope this is the case...this was said against CSU, EW, Missouri State, and SDSU just last week. I think most are overlooking the fact that WIU is pretty dang decent this year, I think the Bison will win; but we're going to need to fight for it.

Remember when Brock use to fake the QB power, then drop 5 steps and chuck it downfield? Whatever happened to that play? Worked all the time once power was rolling.

Remember that time when Drago had that fake punt, that was cool. Whatever happened to that Play? Worked all the time.

Why don't we do the running back jump pass that Crockett did that one time? Whatever happened to that play? Worked all the time once power was rolling.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.