Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Pregame Thread

Default Re: WIU Pregame Thread

I honestly don't think TP knows how to run a play action pass out of power. Steve Walker used to make a killing off of dumping the ball to the tight ends on little play action roll outs. Jensen used to do it all the time.

The easiest way to kill a team stacking the box is to get the tight ends involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011bisonalumni View Post
    i honestly don't think tp knows how to run a play action pass out of power. Steve walker used to make a killing off of dumping the ball to the tight ends on little play action roll outs. Jensen used to do it all the time.

The easiest way to kill a team stacking the box is to get the tight ends involved.
    bingo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    bingo!!!!!!
    If we don't roll WIU, it will be telling. Time for Bison Football to be ... well ... Bison Football, and send a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I honestly don't think TP knows how to run a play action pass out of power. Steve Walker used to make a killing off of dumping the ball to the tight ends on little play action roll outs. Jensen used to do it all the time.

Need to use the play action on first and second down. We seem to always run on those downs or throw short passes. The two deep passes against SDSU were wide open and missed shep for a td. This will help our run game

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If we don't roll WIU, it will be telling. Time for Bison Football to be ... well ... Bison Football, and send a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Will it be a true bounce back game or are there really some concerns?

Wiu is ranked #13? How embarrassing is the fcs...wow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Wouldn't Stick be able to call something like that at the line of scrimmage if he thinks it would work?

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    Wouldn't Stick be able to call something like that at the line of scrimmage if he thinks it would work?
    I believe he is given two plays before the huddle from the booth. If the first play isn't a good match-up, he kills it in favor the second. Therefore, the play has to be sent from the booth.
    Hail the BISON!!!

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I believe he is given two plays before the huddle from the booth. If the first play isn't a good match-up, he kills it in favor the second. Therefore, the play has to be sent from the booth.
    What if he got to the line of scrimmage and decided neither of those plays would work? Would he be able to call a third play, or is that just not done? I think back to Walker's TD pass to Heckendorf against Sam Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    What if he got to the line of scrimmage and decided neither of those plays would work? Would he be able to call a third play, or is that just not done? I think back to Walker's TD pass to Heckendorf against Sam Houston.
    I don't believe he has the same freedoms Wentz had last year in terms of changing plays. Remember, he's only a Sophomore.
    Hail the BISON!!!