Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIU Pregame Thread

Default WIU Pregame Thread

Didn't see one started, so I'm going ahead with what I hope to see this weekend in Macomb, IL:

1) Victory.
    2) The lines being mean and nasty.
    3) A few unpredictable plays that will keep the Leathernecks on their toes all day.
    4) This is the most important and something that has been missing all year long. Young men, if you are reading this, and I really hope you aren't due to the immense amount of unnecessary negativity that shows up each day, but play loose, have fun and be opportunistic. This, to me, is what is missing the most from how the team performed in the playoffs to the first six games of the season. I'm seeing the team being too tight, especially in the secondary, and that is affecting the team from performing at its best.

Think of a boxer throwing punches. The tighter he is, the less effective his punches are. If he goes into a fight loose, with a fun state of mind and thinking of the opportunity of winning (instead of worrying about losing), he's going to perform better.

This team has too much talent to not be destroying every other team in the FCS. Time to take the attitude that was shown in the playoffs last year and at Iowa this year and apply it every week.

Looking forward to seeing the leaders rise this week, and every week thereafter.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: WIU Pregame Thread

The Bison came out POed big time and just plain angry and crush Western.

We have been playing 'not to lose'...IMO. Maybe the SDSU loss will change that.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Time for the Rams to take over just like last year. We need them to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    We have been playing 'not to lose'...IMO. Maybe the SDSU loss will change that.
    That's part of the playing too tight. Play with the idea of dominating your opponent and breaking their will while imposing yours will lead this team to its sixth straight title. They had this attitude come playoff time last year - almost like it was a switch.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Time for the Rams to take over just like last year. We need them to step up.
    We really do. Not even funny.

Every week this season I see/hear how we are just going to be dominate against ______'s line. Nearly every game this has NOT been the case. I'm a big Bison fan, but so far iv seen a lot of hype for a line that just isn't performing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    We really do. Not even funny.

Every week this season I see/hear how we are just going to be dominate against ______'s line. Nearly every game this has NOT been the case. I'm a big Bison fan, but so far iv seen a lot of hype for a line that just isn't performing.
    Really? Ask Iowa how the line did.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Really? Ask Iowa how the line did.
    Well;

1. NEARLY is the key word in that quote now isn't it?

2. If we're going to follow that route, then I guess Eastern Washington, Charleston Southern, Missouri State, and SDSU have been lines than Iowa. Who knew?

Open up the play book and not be so predictable on offense. Also need to get some pressure on the qb, the best thing for the secondary is a pass rush

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Open up the play book and not be so predictable on offense. Also need to get some pressure on the qb, the best thing for the secondary is a pass rush
    Yuppers! Teams in the Valley stack the box to stop our run game and are physical enough to do just that. Sometimes you need to throw, just enough to open up the run game. Get the opponents defense guessing.