Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Polls

Default Re: Week 7 Polls

From my corner of the FCS world, NDSU should be ranked 1, 2 at the lowest. I do wonder how much the "polls folks" really know about the teams they are voting on. JSU is very good this year, I attend every home game and a few of the away games, but we are missing PATs, short field goals...our special teams are not where they need to be at all; yet somehow we are ranked 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Beak! View Post
    From my corner of the FCS world, NDSU should be ranked 1, 2 at the lowest. I do wonder how much the "polls folks" really know about the teams they are voting on. JSU is very good this year, I attend every home game and a few of the away games, but we are missing PATs, short field goals...our special teams are not where they need to be at all; yet somehow we are ranked 2.
    Is this you? https://www.facebook.com/pinkphoto/v...c_location=ufi

If so, it was cool meeting you after the game.
    Hail the BISON!!!

No, he looks like an awesome JSU fan but that's not me. I am in the article below.

http://www.annistonstar.com/news/two...f7c02aec6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Beak! View Post
    No, he looks like an awesome JSU fan but that's not me. I am in the article below.

http://www.annistonstar.com/news/two...f7c02aec6.html
    He was a pretty good dude. He actually went on the field after the game and congratulated us and took pictures.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't disagree with the 48 to Incarnate Word argument; but I would feel better about it if we'd scored more than 17 on SDSU.
    If Fraiser doesn't fumble the gawd damn ball at mid field with Bison leading 17-3, this would all be moot.

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    I watched most of the SU game after the UND game was over. From what I saw, SDSU outplayed NDSU the entire game. I was very surprised the Jacks didn't kick a couple of FGs in the first quarter instead of going for a TD twice and not getting in. If they do that, the final score is different and the final TD not even needed. The Jacks looked better than I expected or NDSU is not as good as I thought this year. The next 5 games in all conferences will shake out the pretenders and let the cream float to the top.

I agree SHSU is way over rated, but until they get beat, they are still undefeated. I would see an early playoff exit coming for them. Lets hope we see each other in DEC.
    The simple reason Stig didn't take the FGs was that he was pretty sure, from past experience, he was going to need TDs to beat the Bison. The Bison just didn't live up to their usual game. Same reason he was going for it on 4th down.

Quote Originally Posted by FCS Nation View Post
    "That guy who runs STATS" has the same number of votes as everyone else. ONE. I kept y'all at #1. Do you really think there is an evil conspiracy against NDSU?
    Is the Pope Catholic? (well, not necessarily THIS Pope).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Is the Pope Catholic? (well, not necessarily THIS Pope).
    Really? Why? And no, I don't want an answer. That's a 'why here?' why.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Default Week 7 Polls

Heard NCAA may be releasing early seed/rankings for FCS POs this year, as in maybe starting later this week. ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Heard NCAA may be releasing early seed/rankings for FCS POs this year, as in maybe starting later this week. ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...95717201231404

(STATS) - It will be interesting to see what the NCAA Division I FCS selection committee thinks of the potential playoff field later this week.

What the rest of us think doesn't matter.

On Thursday, the selection committee will release the first of three weekly Top 10 rankings - much like what happens on the FBS level. It's a new feature of the committee leading into Selection Sunday on Nov. 20. The first rankings will be aired on ESPN's "College Football Live," which begins at 3 p.m. ET.

Sam Houston State is top-ranked in the STATS FCS Top 25 and in other leading FCS polls. But the Bearkats, playing in a relatively down Southland Conference, are lacking a high strength of schedule, so the committee may not have them atop its first rankings.The STATS postseason projection has had the Bearkats as the fourth seed in recent weeks, behind North Dakota State, Eastern Washington and Jacksonville State.

In support of Sam Houston, it's handled every challenge with relative ease and hasn't trailed in a game this season. Plus, two of its final three games would be considered excellent wins - McNeese and Southland co-leader Central Arkansas.

Dewey