Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Polls

Default Re: Week 7 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    They gave up 48 to Incarnate Word. THat is where I stop listening to all conversations. Are we perfect? NO! But, my goodness a lot of these teams arean't playing anyone.
    Unfortunately, I think part of the mindset of our O coaches going into SDSU game was that SDSU D was soft and we wouldn't need to do much to put up a bunch of points on them. If we end up playing SHSU, I sure hope they don't wash, rinse and repeat like the D side did re: EWU/SDSU.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don't disagree with the 48 to Incarnate Word argument; but I would feel better about it if we'd scored more than 17 on SDSU.
    Could this be somewhat like back when und built a defense to beat NDSU way back when? Then as a consequence they developed a good defense. Could it be SDSU built a defense to beat NDSU...and they looked bad against other teams with a completely different style of offense? I don't think we can hold TCU against them. Cal Poly at Cal Poly can be a handful for anybody...I remember a game in '07 where we stole a game. SIU has an offense that can really move the ball at times...we had our hands full last year.

With that all said do I think SDSU has a good defense? No, but they aren't terrible either.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think part of the mindset of our O coaches going into SDSU game was that SDSU D was soft and we wouldn't need to do much to put up a bunch of points on them. If we end up playing SHSU, I sure hope they don't wash, rinse and repeat like the D side did re: EWU/SDSU.
    I wonder if you might have stumbled into something. Would have been interesting to talk to you about it before the game at tailgating.

A sdsu ewu game would be fun as hell to watch....on the other side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    A sdsu ewu game would be fun as hell to watch....on the other side of the bracket.
    HA.

Like they would ever put MVFC teams on opposite sides of the bracket. Good joke.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Could this be somewhat like back when und built a defense to beat NDSU way back when? Then as a consequence they developed a good defense. Could it be SDSU built a defense to beat NDSU...and they looked bad against other teams with a completely different style of offense? I don't think we can hold TCU against them. Cal Poly at Cal Poly can be a handful for anybody...I remember a game in '07 where we stole a game. SIU has an offense that can really move the ball at times...we had our hands full last year.

With that all said do I think SDSU has a good defense? No, but they aren't terrible either.
    I think this is part of the reason NDSU's offense has been successful over the years. Everyone builds their defense to defend the spread, so teams like NDSU can exploit that by running it down their throats.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    HA.

Like they would ever put MVFC teams on opposite sides of the bracket. Good joke.
    Ewu 4 seed, sdsu 5, ndsu last seed in?

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Cal Poly at Cal Poly can be a handful for anybody...
    Cal Poly game was in Brookings.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Oh really? Well that doesn't work well for my case...

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    In front of a PACKED HOUSE....wait, a pretty new house.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.