Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SDSU post game thoughts.

I believe there was a Bison Sioux game in the 80's or early 90's where ndsu went like 7-7 on fourth downs.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I believe there was a Bison Sioux game in the 80's or early 90's where ndsu went like 7-7 on fourth downs.
    I believe that was '91. I think it was 6/6. If I remember correctly we didn't get a stop until the last series of the game. We even had one play where the running back fumbled the ball and it bounced right back into his hands and he kept running for positive yards. Pat Sweeney was a beaten man that day.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Go Rocky Go was the chant back then.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'm so glad there's a big game tomorrow so we can move past SDSU. Go Bison!!!����

Hey guys,

Thought I would give my $.02. Like last year you lost in the same week. You've proven you can beat the best of the FCS and an FBS Iowa team at their place. I wouldn't be concerned. Just had an off day and they had a great day and your were circled on their schedule. I would put my money on the Bison if there is a rematch.

I am hoping our defense can limit them. We don't have a passing game so we've been forced to run on everyone and no one has been been able to stop it. I think YSU can learn from your blueprint. I think the key to beating them is to run at them with sustained drives and win the TOP. Running it on them may work like Novocain, so it will take some time to start to work. YSU has a pretty good defense this year, regardless of the competition. We held UNI to 1/11 on 3rd down and they knew we were going to run it and the box was stacked. UNI is built to stop the run and we wore them out, but it took 3 quarters I am hoping that we beat the Jacks to set up a great game against NDSU for the possibility of a shared conference title.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't be too concerned. Your history and culture will keep you in the hunt. Playoffs is all that matters because a new season begins. Much respect over here.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, you are doomed if you return. See Montana.
    No returns. You come to our house if it come to another matchup

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I was listening to the Insiders this AM, and Jeremy nailed it yesterday. SDSU put everything on tape; it is all out there now. They have a very good Youngstown team coming to town, and if it was not for Youngstown playing a 4th string QB, I'd be predicting an SDSU loss. As it is, they will find a way. If NDSU plays them again, you know the coaches will be ready.
    And you guys held back? Give me abreak. As posted elsewhere on this string, it should have been a fatter margin - the Jacks were horrible in the red zone. Goedert's catch was a touchdown. Reality is the Jacks have better receivers and QB, and the D- and O-Lines are pretty good and getting better. In our house it might not be as close.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default SDSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JackEFann View Post
    And you guys held back? Give me abreak. As posted elsewhere on this string, it should have been a fatter margin - the Jacks were horrible in the red zone. Goedert's catch was a touchdown. Reality is the Jacks have better receivers and QB, and the D- and O-Lines are pretty good and getting better. In our house it might not be as close.
    I think our coaching staff was caught off guard by the Jack's offense with new wrinkles. Disappointed we weren't able to adjust on the fly. I absolutely tip my cap to SDSU for coming in and knocking us off. I believe in our coaches and trust that a better game plan on both sides of the ball would trump your athletic talent, whether home or away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No returns. You come to our house if it come to another matchup
    Imo If that happens, playing in your house doesn't make it any scarier. As much hype as the Fargo home-dome crowd receives, NDSU plays better football on the road. Not completely sure why, but it's often noticeably better in terms of intensity, focus, and crispness.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure if you guys are just truly better (you may be) or what all the reasons are for your domination in that game but my gut hunch is that NDSU was flatter than normal. If problems the team has are remedied these last several weeks and the team gets its swag back for the playoffs like happened last year, no one including you will have any chance. If the same Bison team that we've seen this year, goes in, they have zero chance of making it through. Right now, NDSU is not a championship football team. Too inconsistent and vulnerable in keys areas to make it through those 4 games.