Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SDSU post game thoughts.

Everyone seems to miss a simple fact that one guy ran and passed for 440 yards! That is a defensive coordinators fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by civilguy View Post
    Everyone seems to miss a simple fact that one guy ran and passed for 440 yards! That is a defensive coordinators fault!

I don't think anyone misses that fact. But the Fact of the matter is that despite how poorly the defense played, they kept SDSU out of the endzone on 3 out of their last 4 possessions and what did the offense do with those 3 stops? One first down and 11 plays. If the offense puts together any type of drive in the fourth quarter, SDSU doesn't get a fourth possession to win the game.

The last five offensive possessions..

Fumble - 2 plays
    Punt - 6 plays
    Punt - 3 plays
    Punt - 5 plays
    Punt - 3 plays

Yeah the defense was horrible, but the offense was just as putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    Right
    The defense holds them to 19 pts, sdsu averages 45 against the other teams they played, the world is not falling. Barely squeaked by with the win at the last seconds.
    Even the damn griz won in a squeaker to start last year. They are going thru adjustments with chase and the loss of big nick. The defense is readjusting to a huge, huge loss. It changes the dynamics.
    The Bison still control their own destiny.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    They didn't give up a lot of points but they also didn't have a lot of possessions.

We don't control our own destiny to win the conference. SDSU does. But I do think we control our own destiny getting a 1 or 2 seed. Our resume on paper is still the best with Iowa win and wins over ranked teams and a last second loss to a really good sdsu team. Even if sdsu wins the conference and if we win out, we get a 1 or 2 seed. Fortunately a conference Championship gives you an auto bid but not an auto seed. See Southern Utah of last year

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    We have lost 6 times in the past 5 years...thats not very many. So some people think we are unbeatable. Similarly, when we lose, its the end of the world to others. Learn, get better, move on.
    Yep. Coaches will figure it out. But they better figure out the QB draw quickly or the UNI QB will run for 500 yards

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I don't think anyone misses that fact. But the Fact of the matter is that despite how poorly the defense played, they kept SDSU out of the endzone on 3 out of their last 4 possessions and what did the offense do with those 3 stops? One first down and 11 plays. If the offense puts together any type of drive in the fourth quarter, SDSU doesn't get a fourth possession to win the game.

The last five offensive possessions..

Fumble - 2 plays
    Punt - 6 plays
    Punt - 3 plays
    Punt - 5 plays
    Punt - 3 plays

Yeah the defense was horrible, but the offense was just as putrid.
    First half and first drive of the 2nd half, our offense won the game. After the fumble they completely sucked shit They also got our defense tired

Defense was OK at times and faced a team that went for it on 4th down pretty much every single time. Bad combo when you're offense sucks late in the game. I still can't believe they took that long to adjust to the qb draws. I like how we didn't give up deep balls but the middle was way too soft and we needed some well timed blitzes which never came
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-16-2016 at 08:36 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Didnt get to see much of the game but SDSU is pretty good offensively. Put up 41 on TCU? They have a lot of threats. There are some deficiencies on defense but I remember a lot we needed to work on after the USD loss last season. Have to get it done though. We have played a fairly tough schedule so far and it isnt far from over yet. @WIU, @UNI, YSU is a tough stretch. I think we bounce back next week, but 0-3/1-2 is very possible in this next stretch. I am fairly confident we can bounce back and get things figured out.

Tackling skills are horrible. A tip for our sub 6-0 175 lb snacks, when a 6-4 250 lb TE is coming at you, you must hit him low or you will get dragged 10 yards.

I saw our guys take his legs out exactly once. For reference watch how NFL Dbacks tackle Gronkowski.

Anyone know why the refs didn't call the SDSU catch a touch down on the targeting play that was reversed. Seemed like a catch...we caught a huge break there.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsoccerfan View Post
    Anyone know why the refs didn't call the SDSU catch a touch down on the targeting play that was reversed. Seemed like a catch...we caught a huge break there.

The call on the field was an incomplete pass . No video angle showed a clear picture of the ball at the point when it may have hit the ground. It looked like a phenomenal play, but the video evidence was not substantial enough to be overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    The call on the field was an incomplete pass . No video angle showed a clear picture of the ball at the point when it may have hit the ground. It looked like a phenomenal play, but the video evidence was not substantial enough to be overturned.
    heres one

https://twitter.com/JackrabbitVideo/...24638423130112

so they should've won by 3 td's now counting the 2 goal line stalls

Holy shit people how can you fight about if it's the fucking offenses fault or the defenses fault both sucked period as well as clock management... no one person or side of the ball lost that game sdsu walked into our house and kicked our ass ... that is all biatches

Our lines got owned yesterday, which is the problem. The Jacks did a great job of putting our LB in a horrible position, if we play soft the QB took off, if we play the run they hit their TE. We did an ok job of keeping Weinike fairly quiet I thought.

One thing I do like about the Jacks receivers, they never give up on a ball. Weinike had a fade in the end zone that was tipped away and he almost caught it by diving for it.

In all great game plan by the Jacks, they beat us, we have some questions to answer as a team.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.