Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FBS Week 7

Default Re: FBS Week 7

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Iowa did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes. Iowa. ..
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Apparently the coach forgot he could go for two, because he was insisting in the post game pressed that they needed to score twice.
    they were down 11, so they did need to score twice.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    they were down 11, so they did need to score twice.
    http://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-ha...-down-by-eight

my mistake, I didn't watch the game I looked at the box score and saw they kicked a short FG late in the game down 11.

edit: good stuff in that article

Ferentz was using sound strategy if he was down nine, or ten, or even eleven points, in which a successful field goal could reduce Wisconsin's lead to a single score. Ferentz was using sound strategy if the two-point conversion did not exist in college football, which would make this a two-possession game. But Ferentz does not live in those worlds. He lives in this one, where a touchdown and two-point conversion would have tied the game without a second possession. This is not typical Ferentz conservative philosophy. This is no philosophy at all. This is kicking field goals without thought. This is cro-magnon football nihlism.

my mistake, I didn't watch the game I looked at the box score and saw they kicked a short FG late in the game down 11.

Ferentz was using sound strategy if he was down nine, or ten, or even eleven points, in which a successful field goal could reduce Wisconsin's lead to a single score. Ferentz was using sound strategy if the two-point conversion did not exist in college football, which would make this a two-possession game. But Ferentz does not live in those worlds. He lives in this one, where a touchdown and two-point conversion would have tied the game without a second possession. This is not typical Ferentz conservative philosophy. This is no philosophy at all. This is kicking field goals without thought. This is cro-magnon football nihlism.
    It was stunning to hear him answer that same question twice.

Congrats Slick Vic and the Nittany Lions!

Lamar Lackson is nuts! Already holds the Louisville single-season record for touchdowns! Damn!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WYO 21 - Nevada 13. Halftime. Brian Hill 152 yards rushing at halftime.

over 1,700 yards of total offense in the Oklahoma/Texas Tech game.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400869616

I'm not sure it is always sound strategy to take the FG down, 9, 10 , 11. Probably depends how close to the endzone you are? How long the 4th down is?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Iowa kicked a FG down 8 deep in the 4th quarter. LOL
    In his defense, he could have taken a knee.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club