Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Don't schedule NDSU" mentality is wrong

Default "Don't schedule NDSU" mentality is wrong

It is so frustrating to see the media report this way after every big FBS win. It is frustrating to see schools afraid to play us. Anyone else frustrated by this?

Default Re: "Don't schedule NDSU" mentality is wrong

Yeah, but how will FBS teams get to the We Really Suck Bowl if they don't pad their records?

Quote Originally Posted by 90 BISON View Post
    It is so frustrating to see the media report this way after every big FBS win. It is frustrating to see schools afraid to play us. Anyone else frustrated by this?
    It's the price you pay for success.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 90 BISON View Post
    Would you pay half a million dollars to have some one kick you in the nuts and leave?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

We want bama.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Would you pay half a million dollars to have some one kick you in the nuts and leave?
    My issue is why aren't nationally media calling out the hypocrisy.

On one hand, you have the B1G saying playing FCS games hurts their strength of schedule. But somehow, and they NEVER talk about this, it is okay to play crap G5 teams. I would get it if they said all non-conf games must be P5.

On the other, we have people saying don't schedule NDSU as they will beat you. Wait a minute, I thought FCS games were a joke? I thought we were striving for B1G to play better games?

It really is so comical, it is sad, yet no one is crucifying the hypocrisy as they should.

well.......I have paid $30 dollars and a cab ride.........so no........not half of a million.

I think it is actually a good thing because fans of other teams want to see good games. TV Networks want to air good games for ratings.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Yeah, but how will FBS teams get to the We Really Suck Bowl if they don't pad their records?
    That's a hell of an idea- take the worst team in all of FBS and the worst team in all of FCS and have them play!
    It should be called the "Hoover (or ShopVac) We Really Suck Bowl".

Yeah, I agree. We may not like it but look at it from the opposite point of view; why would you want to schedule NDSU if you're an FBS school? Some fans/analysts/critics may realize that playing NDSU is about the same level as playing an upper echelon G5 team but most won't so beating NDSU (if you can) doesn't present much upside. Why not schedule Indiana St instead and pay them the same amount to get a guaranteed win instead of risking the "embarrassment" of losing to an FCS team?