Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU pregame thread

Default Re: SDSU pregame thread

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Personally, I think the D can and will handle the Jacks. There are going to be a couple of big plays given up at some point, but if the DBs stay home as they started to do in Misery, it'll be much, much better. And the Front seven are going to bring some pain.

What *does* need to happen is a series where the O starts sparking on all cylinders out of the gate and scores some points on the opening drive. Haven't done it all year, and its about time that happened. Definitely don't want to start with a 3 and out, which against this bunny defense would be pretty terrible.
    Exactly! Makes me think how Philly made the Lions D look all world, especially at the beginning of the game on Sunday.

The secondary better be ready

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Personally, I think the D can and will handle the Jacks. There are going to be a couple of big plays given up at some point, but if the DBs stay home as they started to do in Misery, it'll be much, much better. And the Front seven are going to bring some pain.

What *does* need to happen is a series where the O starts sparking on all cylinders out of the gate and scores some points on the opening drive. Haven't done it all year, and its about time that happened. Definitely don't want to start with a 3 and out, which against this bunny defense would be pretty terrible.
    I would love for us to have a huge kick return for once. Seems like forever since we've had something (that didn't come back due to a holding)

One thing to count on, Coach Stiggy will have both guns blazing. SDSU will likely apply the DMCP (Dakota Marker Concussion Protocol): If the QB can stand up and count to 2, he's good to go!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    One thing to count on, Coach Stiggy will have both guns blazing. SDSU will likely apply the DMCP (Dakota Marker Concussion Protocol): If the QB can stand up and count to 2, he's good to go!
    Hopefully that will come into play. Not that I want the kid to get hurt, I just want him to hurt.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EasternWasherimean South Dakota State's QB MVFC player of the week

Offense
    QB Taryn Christion, South Dakota State
    6-2, 215, So., Sioux Falls (S.D.) Roosevelt High
    Christion set a school record with 466 passing yards and tied a career-high with five touchdown passes in South Dakota State’s 45-39 victory at Southern Illinois on Oct. 8. Christion completed 32-of-51 pass attempts in the game, connecting with eight different receivers. It marked the second week in a row Christion has thrown for five touchdowns as he upped his season total to 20 against only one interception.
    http://www.valley-football.org/news/...he-week-oct-8/

Christion had been offered by NDSU during recruiting as an Athlete/QB but chose the Jackrabbits instead. Played as a true freshman last season.

Defensively put Stumpf on Goedert and double Weinke. Plank and PGT need to tackle TC if he breaks the pocket. Need big game from our dline. DO NOT PULL THAT 3 MAN RUSH BS!

Offensively our backs should have a great day.

I'd say that both SDSU's front 7 and NDSU's back 7 are outmatched in this game. It really comes down to which one of those units can hold their own the best. Both are going to take their lumps but I would guess one of them is going to surprise people by how well they'll play in relation to the first 5 games and that'll be the team that wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd say that both SDSU's front 7 and NDSU's back 7 are outmatched in this game. It really comes down to which one of those units can hold their own the best. Both are going to take their lumps but I would guess one of them is going to surprise people by how well they'll play in relation to the first 5 games and that'll be the team that wins.
    Seriously, if I am NDSU, I play a lot of Cover 2 and keep it in front of them. Give up FG, not TD. SDSU will struggle the further in they get.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    sdsu doesn't play defense.
    Yeah, so did Eastern Washington how did that turn out. I don't know if Brady Mangerelli graduated or if he is still playing. I remember that Black Cat combination that really gashed us during playoff.

Another point to consider is that, Jacks play their best in Fargo Dome.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"