Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU pregame thread

Default SDSU pregame thread

Did not see one yet, so lets get this started.

I honestly think the Jacks have two offensive players who will play on Sunday. For all the press JW gets, I think Dallas Goedertd might even been a better pro prospect. NDSU has to get their pass defense figured out to win this game. Plus, the offense needs more consistency. They play like last week, I think the Bison could be in trouble as NDSU may need to score 30 to win.

Okay, rip away.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: SDSU pregame thread

Excuse me?

Lardsin must go!

Lardsin must go!

sdsu doesn't play defense.

Lardsin must go!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SDSU is giving up 206 yards a game on the ground. Close to 500 total yards per game (487 yards per game). Sustain drives, limit possessions. Keep our defensive line fresh, we will be fine. I predict yellow jerseys and green helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    sdsu doesn't play defense.
    SDSU Football3.jpg

We'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    SDSU is giving up 206 yards a game on the ground. Close to 500 total yards per game (487 yards per game). Sustain drives, limit possessions. Keep our defensive line fresh, we will be fine. I predict yellow jerseys and green helmets.
    I had that thought initially as well but I'd think that with the next home game being the Harvest Bowl that they'll save them. Who knows though, it's the captain's/team's decision. I would guess that it'll probably boil down to what Chase Morlock wants to wear... I think this game, even moreso than last game, will be played by a Bison team inspired to lift up their grieving leader.

These SDSU pregame threads are reproducing like....well, you know.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Did not see one yet, so lets get this started.

I honestly think the Jacks have two offensive players who will play on Sunday. For all the press JW gets, I think Dallas Goedertd might even been a better pro prospect. NDSU has to get their pass defense figured out to win this game. Plus, the offense needs more consistency. They play like last week, I think the Bison could be in trouble as NDSU may need to score 30 to win.

Okay, rip away.
    Hey socalled, living up to your name again, or just sucking up to the locals in Sioux Falls? Did you suddenly realize you have more tickets to SDSU games then NDSU? Hello? One, two or three good players on offense does not make SDSU a playoff team. Where is the mention of all the great teams SDSU has beaten this year (really none, only Western Illinois which is questionable)? How about that wabbit non existent defense? Next time you brag up the bunnies take a look at the entire situation. Oh, forgot to mention, SDSU has Stiggy, a good coach, but he doesn't know how to win the big games. And finally........this game is in Fargo, not in SDSU's shiny new stadium that will only sellout when the Bison and fans are in town.

Personally, I think the D can and will handle the Jacks. There are going to be a couple of big plays given up at some point, but if the DBs stay home as they started to do in Misery, it'll be much, much better. And the Front seven are going to bring some pain.

What *does* need to happen is a series where the O starts sparking on all cylinders out of the gate and scores some points on the opening drive. Haven't done it all year, and its about time that happened. Definitely don't want to start with a 3 and out, which against this bunny defense would be pretty terrible.