Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The ones who don't last very long. The downgrade for an incorrect call is much bigger than for an incorrect no call. If you have an agenda and start throwing flags for stuff that isn't there, it won't take long for them to find a replacement for you. Guys at this level have been vetted long enough that doesn't happen very often though. There is also a difference between something called marginal and something called incorrect. That will be for the subjective stuff like holding or DPI. You could review it on video and feel the call was correct. But three graders can look at it and have three different opinions. Not everything is black and white. The fan or coach will look at it and say it was absolutely wrong and they wouldn't necessarily be incorrect in saying that. There are affects of what we do that is an art as much as a science. The mystery of that is what makes all aspects of sports exciting. You never know what might happen on the next play.
    I want to thank you publicly for sharing your insights, Indy. I definitely appreciate your perspective on this stuff.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I suppose seeing the game live means I didn't know what was going on. I thought we did look a little lackadaisical at the start of the game. The Mo State players and fans were pretty fired up to start the game. They were 3-1 for the first time in years. Also, I didn't realize the impact on the team because of the Chase Morlock situation.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

MO State's video screen is the smallest thing I have ever seen. Virtually worthless.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    MO State's video screen is the smallest thing I have ever seen. Virtually worthless.
    But more importantly, how does the back look?
    Hail Hydra.

If I had a nickel......................

Obligatory TWSS. Boom!

Edited to add: oops... Should have known. Izzy beat me to this by days. Just saw it now for the first time.