Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bison 1660 now being simulcast on 92.7 FM

Default Re: Bison 1660 now being simulcast on 92.7 FM

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    You make an excellent point in regards to Dan Patrick. I think he is the best in the business. Going up against PA on KFAN is a no brainer. I actually will listen Cowherd while in the car. It's him or Common man, and Colin always gives a different point of view.

One thing I found in the advertisements on Bison 1660 is they were not cheap compared to other stations so they have confidence in their brand.

The other thing they have going for them is how god awful KFGO and WDAY are. Joel and Mike McFeely are equally god awful in the morning.

I don't know who KFGo has at noon til 3. With Derek Hanson now in the afternoons. Completely unlistenable.

WDAY with Rob Port and Jay Thomas is well. I guess unlistenable, unless you want to learn about west fargo.
    If I'm in the mood for local talk, I'll occasionally listen to McFeely but that's early in the morning. If I want total Vikings talk I'll listen to KFAN but only in the morning. If I just want to hear general sports talk, I'll listen to Dan Patrick. It's a really good show with amazing guests.

Colin Cowherd is growing on me. It's way way better than the Common Man which has been unlistenable for like a decade.

But Bison 1660 is by far the best station between 11-6.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Heitkamp is 8am-11am Mon-Friday
    Mcfeeley is 8:30AM - 11Am Mon-Fri

KFGO 11-2 is Jack and Amy, TERRIBLE radio
    WDAY 11-1 is Sandy Buttweiler, epitome of crap radio

WDAY 1-2, Fat rob, wont listen no matter what so probably the worst in the market

KFGO 2-5- Derrick Hanson, its just ok
    WDAY 2-5- Jay Thomas, some wacky political views and just off the wall topics

So in reality 8 to 11 weekdays are tough to draw listeners in from WDAY & KFGO but from 11-5 FM has some bad radio and hence why Bison talk in those hours GREAT
    Yeah you can't really compete with morning talk shows so might as well go with Dan Patrick. Once Bison fans here it.. it will gain listners. I think 6-10 has some opportunities too unless you love Bob Harris, Derek Hanson, Dave Ramsey, 102 loss Twins teams, or audio of the news. I think once a week covering high school sports from the area would be an awesome niche market. You get the small town high school coverage and literally the whole town tunes in. Gives the show a LOCAL sports flavor.

I guess I'm actually hopeful that Bison 1660 can have some decent ratings. Will take some time but it has the potential.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Can't really listen while at work. So pick and chose podcasts to listen to every week especially if in the car. Kind of addicting to be honest. The more I listen the more I want to listen. The football player interviews each week are awesome. Makes the Bison much more personable and proud of the young student athletes. Also enjoy the coverage of other sports.

Tuned to 92.7 yesterday just north of Argusville was pretty much unlistenable at that point. Assuming they're trying to get quality sound and also get the signal where AM may not be very good in town.

I don't listen as don't have a "private" office at work. Plus never really have a chance to "listen" to something on the side too busy concentrating on work stuff.

I'll tune in on the ride home if Barreiro is boring me for some reason, or on Monday if I'm still in the car after 6pm.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    after two months of Bison 1660 what are the thoughts? I had a couple of clients approached to buy advertising?

Aside from the games, how much do you listen to during the week?

Will you listen outside of football season?

Do you enjoy the in depth approach to Bison football and MVFC and FCS football?
    I listen when I can and podcast interviews I want to hear. We can't listen to radio at work or I'd have it on constantly. Love the Insiders and the Brakedown. Like listening to the interviews with other FCS teams outside our region. I'll continue to listen when I can even after FB season because I'm interested in NDSU athletics and not just FB but I'm sure there will still be FB talk in the offseason too.

I generally catch the Insiders during my lunch time. Really enjoy the topics discussed, ie other MVFC teams, other media types and insight into players. The thing I like the most is the post game radio shows. Can listen to them all the way to Jamestown while I drive. before would lose signal before VC. Pregame I do not listen to since I am tailgating with friends. I can catch the last hour of the Braketime after work. This one could use some improvement but overall I still will listen since they talk local and national sports.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have to say, how long have the other talk-radio stations been going in the FM area? Now Bison1660 has been operating for a couple months and already have an FM feed. THAT IS AWESOME! The clarity while driving around town is better. The signal in some offices is better. I realize that the online feed is an option for some, but it has to be recognized that RadioFM is definitely doing an awesome job of giving listeners what they want.

Are they still on one of the HD radio signals for 107.9-2 or -3?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Seems like an odd addition. Does it do anything for coverage?

This from Jeff Culhane twitter

Listen to @Bison1660 on your FM dial in the @FargoMoorhead metro area at 92.7 FM #HornsUp
    This is actually becoming a pretty big thing nation-wide, adding a low power FM to rebroadcast AM stations.
    The biggest help is in office buildings, as it is harder for AM to get through those, especially when they are multi-level, while FM has no problem getting picked up in those types of buildings.

One note on this station while looking at it on radio-locator.com, there was a full-power 92.7 available in Fargo (KBMW), but they moved the tower closer to Wahpeton.
    KQWB owners then are moving in a low power FM on that frequency since it is now available in Fargo to rebroadcast 1660.
    Here is the predicted coverage area. Since this is listed as a construction permit, it might not be at this level yet.

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=K288FF-FX&s=C

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Are they still on one of the HD radio signals for 107.9-2 or -3?
    KPFX-HD3 which I think is 107.9

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    This is actually becoming a pretty big thing nation-wide, adding a low power FM to rebroadcast AM stations.
    The biggest help is in office buildings, as it is harder for AM to get through those, especially when they are multi-level, while FM has no problem getting picked up in those types of buildings.

One note on this station while looking at it on radio-locator.com, there was a full-power 92.7 available in Fargo (KBMW), but they moved the tower closer to Wahpeton.
    KQWB owners then are moving in a low power FM on that frequency since it is now available in Fargo to rebroadcast 1660.
    Here is the predicted coverage area. Since this is listed as a construction permit, it might not be at this level yet.

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=K288FF-FX&s=C
    1660 am daytime

1660 am nightime

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com