Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bison 1660 now being simulcast on 92.7 FM

Thumbs up Bison 1660 now being simulcast on 92.7 FM

Seems like an odd addition. Does it do anything for coverage?

This from Jeff Culhane twitter

Listen to @Bison1660 on your FM dial in the @FargoMoorhead metro area at 92.7 FM #HornsUp

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Bison 1660 now being simulcast on 92.7 FM

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Seems like an odd addition. Does it do anything for coverage?

This from Jeff Culhane twitter

Listen to @Bison1660 on your FM dial in the @FargoMoorhead metro area at 92.7 FM #HornsUp
    Sounds better on the fm dial, love the post game on 107.9
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Sounds better on the fm dial, love the post game on 107.9
    True. Anyone know what they had on the station before? Maybe it will help pick up some listeners. Confused by some of the changes. It says Breckenridge but was originally Kindred. It's owned by an Ingstad but not Jim. Must have moved or something. It shows it used to be The Bone, then The Drive, and most recently B92.7 (KBMW-FM)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Was listening to Keith Brake and he said right now 92.7 had a so so signal but they are working on boosting it. I noticed the signal was kind of weak in some parts of town

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was listening to Keith Brake and he said right now 92.7 had a so so signal but they are working on boosting it. I noticed the signal was kind of weak in some parts of town
    after two months of Bison 1660 what are the thoughts? I had a couple of clients approached to buy advertising?

Aside from the games, how much do you listen to during the week?

Will you listen outside of football season?

Do you enjoy the in depth approach to Bison football and MVFC and FCS football?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    after two months of Bison 1660 what are the thoughts? I had a couple of clients approached to buy advertising?

90%

yes

yes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I love the station. I keep it on in the office all day

Monday is my favorite day. I have the radio on all day at work.
    I'll usually catch some of Dan Patrick in the morning listening for some Carson or Vikes talk over the weekend.

11-1 I listen to the insiders and catch the Coach K press conference.

1-4 I don't really pay much attention to the Colin Cowherd but I'll keep it on in the background. If I hear some Vikings or Eagles talk I'll pay attention.

2-4 I listen to Keith Brake pretty regularly.

5-7 I listen to the Coach K call in show on my way home from work

Tues-Fri I'll listen to The Insiders and Keith Brake but not as closely as I do on Monday but I listen to podcasts if I miss something big.

Saturday I listen to the post game show. Pregame I'm tailgating.

Sunday morning Ill listen to the Bison Football TV show audio if I'm not in front of my TV

The station is new and growing but I think they have dedicated LONG listeners who will be tuned in for hours. And it's probably growing since they just added 92.7 and are starting to cross promote.

As far as the format goes... like it so far. I really like how they mix in stuff throughout the FCS and talk a lot about MVFC teams. Like hearing the radio voices and beat writers of other teams. Like how they get the coaches on as well. I like how they mix in the Vikes, Twins, and NFL talk. What I don't like is when they have PAC 12 guests.. I don't really have any interest in that.

As far as the different months go...
    Mid to late August - March I will be glued to it. The great content will overlap with basketball, and signing day which will make for a ton of coverage. Not only that, with the Vikes doing well it's a fun time for sports talk. I'll probably listen on and off to 3/4 of the road basketball games and some of the home ones I don't make. Coach Richman will have a weekly call in show.

April May early June they could moderately keep my attention with the Spring game, NFL draft talk, baseball, wrestling NCAA's, softball tournament..

June, July, and early August will be horrible months for sports talk but it's not just Bison 1660.. it's all things. But I'm sure the Bison 1660 guys will figure out a way to keep it interesting.

But overall... I listen to Bison 1660 more than any other station in town. I think it's catching on
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-05-2016 at 12:50 AM.

I love the station. I keep it on in the office all day

Monday is my favorite day. I have the radio on all day at work.
    I'll usually catch some of Dan Patrick in the morning listening for some Carson or Vikes talk.

11-1 I listen to the insiders and catch the Coach K press conference.

1-4 I don't really pay much attention to the Colin Cowherd but I'll keep it on in the background. If I hear some Vikings or Eagles talk I'll pay attention.

2-4 I listen to Keith Brake pretty regularly.

5-7 I listen to the Coach K call in show on my way home from work

Tues-Fri I'll listen to The Insiders and Keith Brake but not as closely as I do on Monday but I listen to podcasts if I miss something big.

Saturday I listen to the post game show. Pregame I'm tailgating.

Sunday morning Ill listen to the Bison Football TV show audio if I'm not in front of my TV

The station is new and growing but I think they have dedicated LONG listeners who will be tuned in for hours. And it's probably growing since they just added 92.7 and are starting to cross promote.

As far as the format goes... like it so far. I really like how they mix in stuff throughout the FCS and talk a lot about MVFC teams. Like hearing the radio voices and beat writers of other teams. Like how they get the coaches on as well.

As far as the different months go...
    Mid to late August - March I will be glued to it. The great content will overlap with basketball, and signing day which will make for a ton of coverage. Not only that, with the Vikes doing well it's a fun time for sports talk. I'll probably listen on and off to 3/4 of the road basketball games and some of the home ones I don't make. Coach Richman will have a weekly call in show.

April May early June they could moderately keep my attention with the Spring game, NFL draft talk, baseball, wrestling NCAA's, softball tournament..

June, July, and early August will be horrible months for sports talk but it's not just Bison 1660.. it's all things. But I'm sure the Bison 1660 guys will figure out a way to keep it interesting.

I like the format. Wish they had one other local show on a Sunday. Even an hour would be awesome. It's the only day I really don't turn it on at all.

But overall... I listen to Bison 1660 more than any other station in town. I think it's catching on
    You make an excellent point in regards to Dan Patrick. I think he is the best in the business. Going up against PA on KFAN is a no brainer. I actually will listen Cowherd while in the car. It's him or Common man, and Colin always gives a different point of view.

One thing I found in the advertisements on Bison 1660 is they were not cheap compared to other stations so they have confidence in their brand.

The other thing they have going for them is how god awful KFGO and WDAY are. Joel and Mike McFeely are equally god awful in the morning.

I don't know who KFGo has at noon til 3. With Derek Hanson now in the afternoons. Completely unlistenable.

WDAY with Rob Port and Jay Thomas is well. I guess unlistenable, unless you want to learn about west fargo.

You make an excellent point in regards to Dan Patrick. I think he is the best in the business. Going up against PA on KFAN is a no brainer. I actually will listen Cowherd while in the car. It's him or Common man, and Colin always gives a different point of view.

One thing I found in the advertisements on Bison 1660 is they were not cheap compared to other stations so they have confidence in their brand.

The other thing they have going for them is how god awful KFGO and WDAY are. Joel and Mike McFeely are equally god awful in the morning.

I don't know who KFGo has at noon til 3. With Derek Hanson now in the afternoons. Completely unlistenable.

WDAY with Rob Port and Jay Thomas is well. I guess unlistenable, unless you want to learn about west fargo.
    Heitkamp is 8am-11am Mon-Friday
    Mcfeeley is 8:30AM - 11Am Mon-Fri

KFGO 11-2 is Jack and Amy, TERRIBLE radio
    WDAY 11-1 is Sandy Buttweiler, epitome of crap radio

WDAY 1-2, Fat rob, wont listen no matter what so probably the worst in the market

KFGO 2-5- Derrick Hanson, its just ok
    WDAY 2-5- Jay Thomas, some wacky political views and just off the wall topics

So in reality 8 to 11 weekdays are tough to draw listeners in from WDAY & KFGO but from 11-5 FM has some bad radio and hence why Bison talk in those hours GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Heitkamp is 8am-11am Mon-Friday
    Mcfeeley is 8:30AM - 11Am Mon-Fri

KFGO 11-2 is Jack and Amy, TERRIBLE radio
    WDAY 11-1 is Sandy Buttweiler, epitome of crap radio

WDAY 1-2, Fat rob, wont listen no matter what so probably the worst in the market

KFGO 2-5- Derrick Hanson, its just ok
    WDAY 2-5- Jay Thomas, some wacky political views and just off the wall topics

So in reality 8 to 11 weekdays are tough to draw listeners in from WDAY & KFGO but from 11-5 FM has some bad radio and hence why Bison talk in those hours GREAT

Completely agree with 11-3. KFan has Dan Barrierro.

I would contend Dan Patrick from 8-11 beats out KFan Morning show, PA, Joel and Mcfeely. None of those four are listenable If that is a word.

Jeff Culhane is good. Jeremy, MEH but he has access to the program. Brake is probably best of the bunch, but Barriero is tough to beat. Even against the national shows available.