Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
You make an excellent point in regards to Dan Patrick. I think he is the best in the business. Going up against PA on KFAN is a no brainer. I actually will listen Cowherd while in the car. It's him or Common man, and Colin always gives a different point of view.

One thing I found in the advertisements on Bison 1660 is they were not cheap compared to other stations so they have confidence in their brand.

The other thing they have going for them is how god awful KFGO and WDAY are. Joel and Mike McFeely are equally god awful in the morning.

I don't know who KFGo has at noon til 3. With Derek Hanson now in the afternoons. Completely unlistenable.

WDAY with Rob Port and Jay Thomas is well. I guess unlistenable, unless you want to learn about west fargo.
If I'm in the mood for local talk, I'll occasionally listen to McFeely but that's early in the morning. If I want total Vikings talk I'll listen to KFAN but only in the morning. If I just want to hear general sports talk, I'll listen to Dan Patrick. It's a really good show with amazing guests.

Colin Cowherd is growing on me. It's way way better than the Common Man which has been unlistenable for like a decade.

But Bison 1660 is by far the best station between 11-6.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
Heitkamp is 8am-11am Mon-Friday
Mcfeeley is 8:30AM - 11Am Mon-Fri

KFGO 11-2 is Jack and Amy, TERRIBLE radio
WDAY 11-1 is Sandy Buttweiler, epitome of crap radio

WDAY 1-2, Fat rob, wont listen no matter what so probably the worst in the market

KFGO 2-5- Derrick Hanson, its just ok
WDAY 2-5- Jay Thomas, some wacky political views and just off the wall topics

So in reality 8 to 11 weekdays are tough to draw listeners in from WDAY & KFGO but from 11-5 FM has some bad radio and hence why Bison talk in those hours GREAT
Yeah you can't really compete with morning talk shows so might as well go with Dan Patrick. Once Bison fans here it.. it will gain listners. I think 6-10 has some opportunities too unless you love Bob Harris, Derek Hanson, Dave Ramsey, 102 loss Twins teams, or audio of the news. I think once a week covering high school sports from the area would be an awesome niche market. You get the small town high school coverage and literally the whole town tunes in. Gives the show a LOCAL sports flavor.

I guess I'm actually hopeful that Bison 1660 can have some decent ratings. Will take some time but it has the potential.