Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fargo is football central, don’tcha know?

Default Re: Fargo is football central, don’tcha know?

What makes this whole thing go are the fans,” said Pat Simmers, a senior associate athletic director who played offensive line for the Bison in the 1970s. “

May as well have said he played QB. Nice piece even though he was highly inaccurate numerous times.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Did he even use a bow? I thought he just threw the arrow at it..
    I heard the deer saw it was Carson Wentz stalking him and promptly died of heart failure.

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    I heard the deer saw it was Carson Wentz stalking him and promptly died of heart failure.
    Then he sent chuck norris to retrieve the carcus
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Depends on the year sir. And it's only October 3rd
    Average October High 56.0
    average October Snow 0.7 inch

April average high 55.8
    April average snow 3.0

Of course much of the precipitation is late October and early April.

Maybe being around the cold my whole life I have a weird perspective

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What makes this whole thing go are the fans,” said Pat Simmers, a senior associate athletic director who played offensive line for the Bison in the 1970s. “

May as well have said he played QB. Nice piece even though he was highly inaccurate numerous times.
    Wasn't he on the defensive side of the ball, namely Tackle ? Not sure......

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    "Kyle Gradin certainly would agree. A 61-year-old farmer who lives in Washburn, North Dakota—250 miles from Fargo, population 1,300—Gradin spends most fall Saturday afternoons in his red combine on his family’s 100-acre soybean field."

That must be a really, really slow combine.
    No one to bother him in the field-maybe he just combines 3 hours a Saturday...........

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Wasn't he on the defensive side of the ball, namely Tackle ? Not sure......
    Yep...................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    "“We also tailgate harder than most teams play,” added John Kahne, a 38-year-old sales rep from Fargo " contributed very nicely to a the subtitle: "North Dakota State has built the greatest college football dynasty of the 21st century. Don’t believe it? Then transport yourself across the soybean fields to the place where they tailgate harder than most teams play, and win more than any team in the land."

Should be added to the iconic lore....
    I can tell you one thing, the way I felt on Sunday, I'm almost certain I tailgated harder than ISU-R played on Saturday... jus' sayin'

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 10-05-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhp330 View Post
    No one to bother him in the field-maybe he just combines 3 hours a Saturday...........

Three hours would pretty much take care of 100 acres wouldn't it?

The writer of the article Lars Anderson is on Bison 1660 right now... Kick ass interview. I'll post the podcast when it's available

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com